Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Western Mulie Hunt

tynoe1123

My cousin and I are from the Midwest, been hunting whitetails all our life and want to start getting out together to hunt some other game. We are wanting to do a mule deer hunt out west somewhere. OTC or a high percentage draw unit. We are going to be archery hunting. Would love a giant as most people would, but we are in it for the experience, hunt, and the memories. Looking to do a backpack in and camp hunt. Would appreciate any information. Thank you!

Last edited:
Start learning the regulations for a few states like wyoming and colorado. You can use the search feature here at hunt talk and find a lot of conversations on archery hunting mule deer. Good luck.

If you like to backpack, Washington has an interesting option every September, the "high buck hunt." Sept 15-25, hunting is allowed in the Wilderness areas, rifle or bow. No draw, just go.

I don't know how expensive our non resident tags are. Some big bucks up there in the high country. It can be a tough hunt though.

Larch Lake Upper.jpg

Figure out the state you want to try and jump in, start researching and see where it takes you. Lots of archived information here, and the state game agency is also a good place to start lots of statistics.

Reactions: Guy
I'd start praying for good weather, if you aren't accustomed to backpacking while hunting. LOTS of archery deer opportunities in CO, MT, ID.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back