Caribou Gear Tarp

Well it was fun to go for a hike

antlers2012002.jpg

Just this so far....might have been some bears around, but I was too busy picking up a bunch of brown elk sheds to look real hard.....grin! Best is yet to come.

That doesn't look like Northeast Montana country. :D The longbow pack looks a little small with that chub of an antler next to it. Congrats

That was a 7 point with an 11" H1. I need to go back and look for the other side......300 mile drive from here, one way.....grin! I'll be back there in May!

You guys get up early in morning to hunt bears? Afternoon? Evening? All day? All of the Above? When do you think the best time to go is?

Cabin-was it a youngish one, aka smallish kind of one?

It was way high and far far off, very hard to tell. I don't have good enough glass for that. I took a couple of pictures I'll try to post later but even at 40X 35mm its just a black dot. Where it was there is no way you can evening hunt that. Might be my big trip next weekend if I don't spot any others before then.

You guys get up early in morning to hunt bears? Afternoon? Evening? All day? All of the Above? When do you think the best time to go is?

I'll go all day when I can, but in the spring I've only seen them late afternoon and evening. That's just my experience, maybe some of the more experienced guys have some more input.

I'll go all day when I can, but in the spring I've only seen them late afternoon and evening. That's just my experience, maybe some of the more experienced guys have some more input.

For sure all day. Especially as the season goes on and boars start roaming looking for mates. I killed my first spring bear in late May, a boar. He was eating grass in a meadow at 9 in the morning.

ggrrrrrrr, been out about every other day and no bears, where they hiding at? they must know i'm out and about with my trusty ol 7mag.

They are out...been out three times and have seen 7 bears. The best is yet to come.

Last edited:
Went out Saturday and didn't see any sign in an area that was littered with it last year. I think they are still sleeping up in that particular area. The grass is just starting to get green up there though so another week or two I'm guessing. You never know unless you get out though.

My buddy saw a bear in the Missoula area last saturday. Too bad he only had the shotgun for chasing gobblers! Now that we each filled those tags we are headed back to that area this weekend. I have found a little sign but nothing to get me too excited yet. Good luck!

I'm an idiot and went out looking for elk sheds the other day and of course stumbled right into a bear at maybe 35 yards. No rifle or tag with me, last time I'll make that mistake this year. I'm planning to really start hunting next week.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back