Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Well it was fun to go for a hike

drahthaar

Anyone else hit the woods for a bruin?

Didn't see diddly last year either, for the first couple weeks. Things will pick up. Had lots of moisture, 2 inches of snow this am. If the sun would come out for a couple days, we would get some grass popping.

Just saw some mulies, and found 5 point raggy elk shed, basically a glorified muley.

Last edited:
Saw 3 tonight. Got rained on, snowed on, wind blown, and eventually fogged out. Probably dropped about 3" of snow in an hour. Felt good to get out for a hike and see some bears though. Definitely not realy "springy" looking yet.

I went. Just saw weather, no bears. Not surprised, as it was just too early for where we went, but the snowpack is worlds lower than this time last year. Didn't even need snowshoes.

My wife and I hunted the area I killed mine in last year. Not to brag but no snow and the foothills are greening up nice here. Lower elevations have lots of green grass but there is a line you can see as you move up in elevation where it isn't greening yet. It should concentrate them quite nicely. No bears spotted but I found some fresh sign and may go back this afternoon. Good luck all I can't wait for the pics to start rolling in!

We passed on a smaller chocolate as well as a black one yesterday evening. Way less snow in my spot than usual for opening weekend. Still not much for new greens up there but its looking like its going to be a great season.

It was fun to go... saw a bobcat and a spike. Got rained on and snowed on but no bears.

Well it's official, I'm picking my wife up from work and we're heading back up for another hike. Hope the bears are out!

Drake-did you see 3 different ones tonight or was it momma and 2 pups?

I went out on Sunday. The weather here was pretty crappy, too many low clouds. So I took the family for a drive. Thought I found a bear. Turned out to be two turkey's struting/fighting. Really confused the heck out of me. I have lived my whole life here(mostly) and never seen a turkey. FWP must have transplanted them in the last couple of weeks. Seems like some bad timing on their part. I would think they would wait until after spring turkey so people aren't scaring them off. I can't wait until someone posts the first bear picture!

Took the wife out monday, after a good long hike we had seen a cpl tracks, no bears.....but made it home with sore legs and backs......lol

Went out this am. Saw no bears, saw no sign of bears. Did see 4 bulls. One was still packin his hard antlers.

Did hear some wolves. Walked up closer, I howled, and they erupted. Wondering if they are maybe denned up in that drainage. Females gotta be close to dropping pups, if they haven't already.

I wish I could take a cam up there and see if I could find it. Get some good pics.

there is a little shaver behind the house, hope he stays out of trouble. LoL it should be a great season.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back