PEAX Equipment

Well happy friggin election Oregon... :(

I'm trying to decide what my next firearm purchase is going to be when this nonsense blows over.
Projection for the nonsense blowing over?
Your next firearm - Sig P365 is a 10+1. Great gun and the gun manufacturer doesn't need to modify the magazines to sell in your State.

Carry on.

"Licensed dealers who already own larger-capacity magazines have 180 days from the day the measure takes effect to sell them to an out-of-state gun dealer or other person out of state or to destroy them.

After the 180 days, gun dealers can sell or transfer only newly manufactured high-capacity magazines marked with a special stamp denoting they’re for military or law enforcement use – two exceptions under the law."

Amazing...

And mine is somewhere in the middle…. Bought yet not “delivered” as yet to hand. When I said back to the customer service guy “you don’t know?” he said “yep, you’re gonna hear that a lot!”

What can we learn from countries like this?

Quite a few strict regulations there. The real question for me is what Swiss style regulations could we all agree on that would be beneficial?

I can answer that:

Quite a few strict regulations there. The real question for me is what Swiss style regulations could we all agree on that would be beneficial?

I can answer that:
I have to think that not allowing violent or incompetent people to own firearms is a pretty good policy, actually training people to operate a firearm doesn't seem to be too much to ask. I used to be the one screaming that any regulation is an impingement on my rights, I cannot continue to think in such a flawed manner

I have to think that not allowing violent or incompetent people to own firearms is a pretty good policy, actually training people to operate a firearm doesn't seem to be too much to ask. I used to be the one screaming that any regulation is an impingement on my rights, I cannot continue to think in such a flawed manner

I agree. Years ago I was an absolutist. I understand the sentiment that we give on gun rights and don't get, but I believe there is a lot more room for negotiating. My major criticism of this law is the poor wording and lack of a funding mechanism, and that's my major criticism of most initiatives.

The biggest issue with this law is that it will likely halt firearms sales in Oregon on December 8th. Had it gone through our legislature and they implemented an exemption period of 6 to 12 months to allow people to obtain their permits I wouldn't be all that tore up about.

I agree. Years ago I was an absolutist. I understand the sentiment that we give on gun rights and don't get, but I believe there is a lot more room for negotiating.
Thing is, when folks who are familiar with firearms don’t come to the negotiating table we run the risk of ending up with laws written by folks who aren’t familiar with guns and just want them all to go away. If change is coming through the popular vote, as it did in Oregon, gun owners should’ve contributed a little more input to make such laws stink less.

Folks have mentioned some of the euro countries where gun ownership is common, Switzerland and the Czech Republic come to the top of my head, they all have different classifications of firearms. That might’ve been nice to have seen in Oregon so that typical hunting arms don’t get lumped in with those capable of rapid fire. The average Joe, not familiar with firearms, doesn’t always seem to realize a difference between the two. This could’ve been a valuable compromise in crafting their new laws.

If we’re going to have such laws made regardless of how some feel, increasing some training and permitting to accompany the increased (perceived or real) “destructive power” of a weapon might be where we wind up. Or we just wind up with everything restricted via the popular vote or legislatures who don’t know a .22 from a howitzer.

Then again, I think there’s some folks in the US who want our gun ownership model to resemble Yemen’s and won’t budge on that, even if they end up losing more than they needed to concede.

1669224385144.jpeg

I have to think that not allowing violent or incompetent people to own firearms is a pretty good policy
There's a law already for felony violent convictions and firearm ownership = no bueno.

Sometimes we forget why we were given this "Right", not privilege.
Not for hunting nor sport shooting. It's to protect ourselves from tyrannical rule, preservation of our own security, foreign intrusion, and State sovereignty.

With that, 10 round max magazines, no evil black "assault" rifles, etc counter the pure intent of our, Right.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back