Welcoming Two New Partners to OYOA

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Not all the people we want as partners in the show are those who are providing products to us or our viewers. Some groups have a really worthwhile message and therefore we welcome them as partners.

Last year, you probably saw that we donated 78 of our :30 second commercial slots to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and the Boone and Crockett Club. Probably don't have any available inventory from which to do that this year.

This year, we are partnering with two other groups, actually one group, operating two different public service campaigns. Both campaigns are very important to me, and I suspect to many hunters. Those are Tread Lightly! and Respected Access is Open Access.

Tread Lightly!, a great group who is promoting responsible ATV use. As an owner of an ATV, I find it worthwhile to support groups who want to help educate people about ATV use and why it is so important for us to follow the rules.

I use my ATV on many roads that would be very hard on my truck and also use the ATV to have less impact on roads than what my truck will have. Used properly, ATVs can be a great tool for the hunter. It is a great tool for me.

Like all of you, I have no use for those who do not follow the law. And I hope our support of Tread Lightly! demonstrates that.

Another campaign is Respected Access is Open Access, being brought forward by the same people bringing us the Tread Lightly! campaign.

Respected Access is Open Access focuses on responsible use of our public lands. In many places, damage and destruction is removing certain activities as allowable uses of public lands. Often, that is shooting signs, littering, damage to property, and the many other stupid stunts where a few abusers often will eliminate opportunities for the majority.

Fortunately, few places where I live have been abused to the point where lands are closed, or where certain activities are restricted from these public lands. Unfortunately, there are many places where public lands have been closed to certain uses as a result of damage to those lands.

The notion of "Respected Access is Open Access" is based on the idea that if public land users respect the land, the lands will be available for us to use. I strongly agree with that concept and will support it as part of our show and our website.

We have all seen the bad acts of a few on our public lands. Our hope is that by making this message part of our show and site, we can do our small part to inform people how important we all are in protecting use of our public lands.

I hope you all welcome Tread Lightly! and Respected Access is Open Access as partners with On Your Own Adventures. Their message is valuable and important to all of us. You will see their logos in many places on the site and when the show airs, will see their logos in the show.

They are a great group promoting important messages. We are glad to have them as part of our message.

Should be great partnerships, and the type of sponsors OYOA should really support.

I think those two groups very well represent the spirit of OYOA. I did see a my first Respected Access is Open Access sign in the office this week.

I agree, these groups are really working toward a mutually agreeable situation for both sides of the ATV and access issue. Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back