Caribou Gear

Weatherby bullet swap?

Lrhxr9

I have the chance to buy a lot of weatherby factory ammo. 8 boxes of 4 bullet types. I mainly am interested in the accubonds. Would it be worthwhile to buy the lot and switch bullets. Or are the powder charges, etc likely to be different? Thanks for the info and opinions.0DE4D5AB-7335-4102-A7FB-E45AB11B3123.png

If the price is right then just shoot the NBTs for practice and reload the good brass with NABs afterwards.

I use to buy the $38 spire points and shot them for practice, reload with the partitions but with prices be what they are today do what you got to do. I would probably just shot them rather than pulling. I know you want to shot the accubonds, but if you have any interest in 110 interbonds let me know, got bunch i could get rid of it would help someone.

The guy wants 400$. I think im going to get them and figure out what to do with then later. Still cheaper than they were back in the summer.

$400 isn't a bad price. I dont know if the spire points they currently offer on their site are the Norma Spitzers shown in the picture. Do you reload? If you do great way go build a supply of brass up, and if not sell that brass as once fired for a $1 a case-thats what weatherby sells theirs for.

I just saw some 257 Weatherby ammo at a LGS and there was a $75.00 sticker on them. 30-378's were $150.00. Glad I don't have to feed a Weatherby.

It wasnt bad when weatherby dropped their prices. But they moved and im sure production lagged then the tremendous corona hit. So its been like a double dip on the bad side

@Lrhxr9 what’s the story with the 130-gr 270 Wby ammo in the picture? Is he selling that too? I’m interested! And does he have any 7mm Wby ammo?

I just saw some 257 Weatherby ammo at a LGS and there was a $75.00 sticker on them. 30-378's were $150.00. Glad I don't have to feed a Weatherby.
If ya reload it’s not that bad not including brass cause it’s able to be used multiple time I can load 100 257 for about $75

The 115 NBT is deadly on deer and antelope.
Even though my 257 shoots the NBT and NAB equally well, I have only used the NBT on game. It works too well to think about switching.
Highly recommended to try it and see if your rifle likes it.

Water marks on a couple of those boxes? Perhaps not pristine storage conditions.

Back