NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Weather Expectation CO near Montrose/Ouray

YaBoyTwoods

I will be heading to the area for 2nd rifle: Oct.30- Nov. 7th. Does anyone have any insight regarding the weather that time of year at different elevations? Thanks (I want to plan accordingly).

That is about right. I have hunted that time frame a a handful of times in CO. One year it was -10 at night and didn't get above freezing during the day. A couple years later it didn't get below freezing at night and was into the sixties during the day. I'd plan to be really cold and warm

I will be hunting 78/81 the same time as you. After hunting the area for 31 years, I plan for everything from New Orleans heat to Siberian white-out. I have experienced all weather extremes, and my truck is packed to the brim with appropriate clothing for everything. It does me no good to leave anything home only to determine I need it when I get up there. You really can't guess this far out about the weather at that time, even two or three days before can be hit or miss.

Last edited:
I guess it was November 10th last year when I headed towards home. Tractor Trailers were chaining up and I was following a snow plow on I-70.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back