Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

We have an SUV - I don't have an SUV

Calif. Hunter

In another flip-flop by John (F is for "Fuel-Economy") Kerry recently offered the following to a Michigan audience: "We have some SUVs. We have a Jeep. We have a couple of Chrysler minivans. We have a PT Cruiser up in Boston. I have an old Dodge 600. ... We also have a Chevy, a big Suburban." Perhaps it was mere coincidence that Kerry was speaking in Detroit, the center of the automotive universe. Or perhaps not. Suddenly wary of the environmental lobby, Kerry cleared up the whole misunderstanding by telling reporters that the SUV wasn't his. "The family has it," he said. "I don't have it."

"In other words," President Bush responded, "he doesn't have an SUV except when he's in Michigan."

:D :D :D :rolleyes:

You know; if Jerry Ford had this man's mental capacity, he would have tripped himself to death!" :eek:

That is funny.... The GOP is grasping at straws and trying to make issues out of an SUV. How desparate can they be? I would prefer that Dubya spend a little bit of time with Rumsfield, finding out why the "Iraq thing" wasn't communicated to him... Not looking good for ol' Dubya....

EG,
Not looking good for ol' Dubya....
Sometimes I am not sure which liberal news organizations you get your news from. John Kerry has not been able to gain ground in the polls, even with the prisoner abuse scandal. If you were JFK's campaign adviser wouldn't you be a little concerned if you can't catch Bush, while he is getting flogged(and rightly so) in the media everyday. Ralph Nader is gaining ground :eek: :eek: but not John Kerry. I don't know if that is something you should be particulary proud of for your candidate.

Poll: No gain to Kerry from Bush's fall The Associated Press
Updated: 11:09 a.m. ET May 07, 2004WASHINGTON - Public opinion of President Bush’s handling of hot-button issues such as the economy and the war on terrorism is near the low point of his presidency, but Democratic rival John Kerry has been unable to capitalize on the Republican’s slide, an Associated Press poll found.

The AP-Ipsos poll found the race between Bush and Kerry remains close, with Bush’s support at 46 percent, Kerry at 43 percent and independent candidate Ralph Nader at 7 percent.
Quote from the same article
“I think Kerry is like the Kennedys,” she said. “He’s one of Ted Kennedy’s boys. I’m not particularly fond of the Kennedys except for John.”
Here is one of JFK's biggest problems.

LINK:CLICK ME

Nemont

Yeah it is running like 50 percent Bush; 41 percent Kerry and 9 percent "Old Steel Toed Shoes!" :D

Outdoorschick,

How else would we have ever gotten to read terms like Sagebrush hugger and fatassed bass? :D :D :D
A political forum just isn't as much fun. Maybe if Moosie combined the adult forum, SI forum, fireside forum and the survival forum into the political forum maybe that would keep everyone's attention.

Nemont

Nemont,

I agree, the Kerry campaign is stuck in neutral, which, in the long run, may be a good thing, as Dubya seems to be self-destructing within his Cabinet. Without the funding that Dubya has, he can't spend all his money too early. Part of the problem of being a candidate of the People instead of the candiate of Oil Inc.

Kerry likely will kick it into gear during his Convention and when he names a running mate. Meanwhile, we all have to wait for further implosions among Dubya-Cheney-Rumsfield-Wolfowitz. I bet on January 21 of next year, between 1 and 4 of those guys will be out of a job....

Gunner, the point isn't that your best friend Kerry owns an SUV, the point is, once again, he's caught in a lie. It seems he will say anything, any time, regardless of the truth, to get a vote. Bush, on the other hand,will say what he knows is unpopular, if it's the truth and needs to be said.

Like at his last press conference, and he said he had not made any mistakes??? Please tell me where the truth was there....

A-Con, what was the correct answer from Kerry, if the title on the car in Idaho does not have his name on it, but has a family member's?

If he says he owns it, he is lying. If he says he doesn't own it, he is lying. If he says the Family has one, he is actually accurate.

Do you really think an SUV in Idaho is the issue? Or do you think a more important issue is that Dubya sits down to watch TV and see pictures of Prisoners being abused, and finds out that Rumsfield knew about it???? That is comical that Dubya attacks Kerry on an SUV, and then has to defend Rumsfield.

Eather answer could be correct, but not both.

I agree, the prisoner abuse is seirous, but I havn't seen a single photo with Rumsfield or Bush in them. The shrill cry to "punish" Rumsfield is nothing more than politics from the liberals.
Heads SHOULD roll, but not Rumsfields.
By the way, nice job changing the subject, your boy Kerry still has a problem telling the truth.

Like at his last press conference, and he said he had not made any mistakes??? Please tell me where the truth was there
You should work in the Media. He didn't say he had not make a mistake. Go and read the transcript.

Q Thank you, Mr. President. In the last campaign, you were asked a question about the biggest mistake you'd made in your life, and you used to like to joke that it was trading Sammy Sosa. You've looked back before 9/11 for what mistakes might have been made. After 9/11, what would your biggest mistake be, would you say, and what lessons have you learned from it?

THE PRESIDENT: I wish you would have given me this written question ahead of time, so I could plan for it. (Laughter.) John, I'm sure historians will look back and say, gosh, he could have done it better this way, or that way. You know, I just -- I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet.

I would have gone into Afghanistan the way we went into Afghanistan. Even knowing what I know today about the stockpiles of weapons, I still would have called upon the world to deal with Saddam Hussein. See, I happen to believe that we'll find out the truth on the weapons. That's why we've sent up the independent commission. I look forward to hearing the truth, exactly where they are. They could still be there. They could be hidden, like the 50 tons of mustard gas in a turkey farm.

One of the things that Charlie Duelfer talked about was that he was surprised at the level of intimidation he found amongst people who should know about weapons, and their fear of talking about them because they don't want to be killed. There's a terror still in the soul of some of the people in Iraq; they're worried about getting killed, and, therefore, they're not going to talk.

But it will all settle out, John. We'll find out the truth about the weapons at some point in time. However, the fact that he had the capacity to make them bothers me today, just like it would have bothered me then. He's a dangerous man. He's a man who actually -- not only had weapons of mass destruction -- the reason I can say that with certainty is because he used them. And I have no doubt in my mind that he would like to have inflicted harm, or paid people to inflict harm, or trained people to inflict harm on America, because he hated us.

I hope I -- I don't want to sound like I've made no mistakes. I'm confident I have . I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one.
LINK: COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT

Again not sure of your news source EG.

Nemont

Did You see his interview with Al-Hurrah?

At the end of the interview, he told the reporter "good job", as he thanked him for serving up softballs as written by the WhiteHouse staff. It was widely viewed as further evidence of his lack of honesty and sincerity on the issue to the affected regions.

It was widely viewed as further evidence of his lack of honesty and sincerity on the issue to the affected regions.
By who was this viewed widely by? EG, got news for ya just because you hold that view doesn't make it "widely viewed".
:D :D :D

What does that have to do with his orginal interview where you said the President said he hadn't made any mistakes?

If we can change the subject answer this:

BTW which Arab leaders have called the practice of abducting Americans abhorrent? Which ones have apolgized for 9/11? Which ones have denounced killing American service men and women as brutal and disgusting?

I know you think that the President is the only one who should answer any of those kinds of questions but I think they are relevant.

Also I find your support of Kerry interesting given who, if he is elected, he is going to owe favors.

JOHN KERRY (D-MA)
Top Industries
The top industries supporting John Kerry are:
1 Lawyers/Law Firms $1,428,682
2 Securities & Investment $763,773
3 Real Estate $484,362
4 TV/Movies/Music $367,759
5 Business Services $359,019
6 Retired $339,204
7 Computer Equipment & Services $266,172
8 Insurance $245,525
9 Education $219,276
10 Misc Finance $206,925
11 Lobbyists $201,775
12 Commercial Banks $183,102
13 Health Professionals $168,426
14 Misc Manufacturing & Distributing $121,250
15 Printing & Publishing $120,554
16 Misc Business $99,764
17 Hospitals/Nursing Homes $96,715
18 Accountants $94,625
19 Telephone Utilities $92,572
20 Civil Servants/Public Officials $91,938
His top twenty contributors do not include one conservation or preservation organization. Not one dam breaching, salmon saving organization. Not one ban the public lands rancher organization. I just don't know why you think he is going to be god's gift to the enviroment. If elected he would still have to work with a Republican Congress.

Nemont

And Dubya is worried about the License Plate registration on a Sububan in Idaho.... While Rumsfield drops this bit of info.... :rolleyes:

There are more photos
"Let me be clear: I failed to recognize how important it was to elevate a matter of such gravity to the highest levels, including the president and the members of Congress.

"Third, I'm seeking a way to provide appropriate compensation to those detainees who suffered such grievous and brutal abuse and cruelty at the hands of a few members of the United States armed forces.

"It's the right thing to do.

"I wish we had known more sooner and been able to tell you more sooner, but we didn't.

"Today we'll have a full discussion of these terrible acts, but first let's take a step back for a moment. Within the constraints imposed on those of us in the chain of command, I have a few additional words.

"First, beyond abuse of prisoners, there are other photos that depict incidents of physical violence toward prisoners, acts that can only be described as blatantly sadistic, cruel and inhuman.

"Second, there are many more photographs, and indeed some videos. Congress and the American people and the rest of the world need to know this.

"In addition, the photos give these incidents a vividness, indeed a horror, in the eyes of the world.

Nemont,

That is sad that Kerry' top industries have only ponied up less than $1.4 million. That doesn't buy much influence.

Can you find similar for Dubya???? Let's compare them side by side...

EG,
The president has never said he wasn't a Texas Oilman who received massive campaign contributions from them. Nor has he changed his story depending upon the crowd surrounding him.

We could compare side by side and neither will prove anything other than money greases the political wheels. My point is you keep praising Kerry as an Enviromental candidate. I can't see it. Help me out, he has stated that the issue you hold most dear, Breaching the lower Snake River dams, isn't something we should not discuss.

I really don't care if you support Kerry and can't stand Bush.

It is your spin that everything Bush does is bad that gets old. Tell me this if JFK were the president would he pull troops out of Iraq immediately. No. Would he set a time table to breach dams. No. Would the abuses in the Iraqi prisoners still have occurred? yes.

I happen to think the sky isn't falling and better times are ahead.

Nemont

Back