Warmest boots/quiet outer ware

ttinman23

Anyone have any expertise on what the warmest boots and socks for stand hunting maybe. Also interested in the warmest and quietest outerwear for same purpose. We hunt in Ohio and it was in the teens with wind chill the other day and our feet froze quickly with 1000g thinsulate rubber boots. Also what are your thoughts about battery operated socks for heat?

Using good wool socks?

I'd look into the chemical foot warmer packets. You could look into those over boot blankets also. Maybe look into Pack Boots guys use for ice fishing. Battery operated socks never seem to have good reviews and seem to be another gimmick that costs $

Last edited:
I have been using the boot blankets this year in MN (in 13 inches of snow) and they work very well. Got then few yrs ago and have used them several times with good results.

Ditch the rubber boots and get some pac boots. Trust me! Make sure you have room for heavy socks so they don't squeeze your feet. I also have a pair of Boot Blankets and they work pretty good. Carry them in and put them on while sitting. Not really made for walking. Put them on BEFORE your feet get cold! Smartwool socks are really good as far as comfort and warmth.

I have the same problem. My toes were aching yesterday morning and it was only in the high 20's. I may check into these Boot Blankets. I'd like to try a Heater Body Suit too but they're pricey.

Check out Schnee's pac boots or Kenetrex pac boots. Both are high quality. My Schnee extremes keep my feet warm well below zero.
Dan

Hard part is ensuring your feet don't sweat on walk to stand. I have found that less insulation is actually more by keeping my feet from sweating. Feet Tend to stay warmer as a result.

Ditch the rubber boots and get some pac boots. Trust me! Make sure you have room for heavy socks so they don't squeeze your feet. I also have a pair of Boot Blankets and they work pretty good. Carry them in and put them on while sitting. Not really made for walking. Put them on BEFORE your feet get cold! Smartwool socks are really good as far as comfort and warmth.
Agreed! IMO/E rubber boots with 1000gr insulation are much colder than a pack boot with the same insulation. Not sure why or if it's true, but in seems like that to me. A bit too loose of a fit is better than too tight for keeping warm as it allows the blood to flow better. A good heavy weight sock in a decent pack boot of a slightly generous fit should be fine in those temperatures.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back