Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wardens TV show

ERSS

Anybody watch this show? I set the DVR for it and been watching it occasionally. Interesting at times, sure doesn't show the "outdoorsman" in a very good light. Course most often the camera crew doesn't get very far off the road. Any of you Montana guys know these wardens....or are these wardens?

Ive watched it once in a while,,,amazing how many idiots poach and shoot at "stuffy",,,must have never actually seen a real animal.

Met them this year when Sanford and I went through their check station on I-90. Be interesting to see if we made it on the show and how it comes out.

I think it's 100% better than Wild Justice. MT wardens give a ton of breaks, it shows them being genuinely happy for hunters when they fill a tag, just doing their job.

Watch Wild Justice once. Good lord! They are angry if someone has everything in order and made a legal kill. They act like they are the only thing standing between extinction and salvation for all animals. They really look like just some pot cops to me.

They got busted for filming on national forest without a permit for the most recent season. The article in the paper said they have a bunch of footage they can't use.

I do watch it occasionally though, I try to see if I can figure out where they are in each location.

One thing I like about it is that is increasing my son's interest in the places they film and in the things folks are doing in those places. That in turn is helping me convince my wife that a relocation may be in order. You know, for the kids! :D

The Montana show is pretty good. I think a lot of the digging they do is strictly for the camera. The California show is like everything else in California-a joke. The show in Maine is also pretty good. Those guys seem like a pretty complete law enforcement agency.

All of these shows demonstrate how many pathetic idiots are out there with fishing poles and firearms!

mtlion and I made a guest appearance on it a couple seasons ago.

There was a guy posting here a little bit that got busted big time on one if the first episodes of this new season.

I watched one episode. It just reaffirmed my belief that most of our warden's mind set is that everyone is guilty of something, it's their job to prove it.

It's worth keeping in mind that the encounters they show on Wardens are probably predominantly the ones where someone did something wrong. The hundreds of scenes where people are above board end up on the editing room floor. People following the law doesn't make good T.V.

Saw one the other day where the hunter was giving the warden all kinds of crap. They must have had an earlier run in. Apparently the warden had missed a vehicle that had been poaching and the hunter was basically telling the warden that he sucked at his job. The wardens response was "I got you didn't I". Pretty funny.

Alaska state troopers is another good one but not necessarily all about hunting.

I watch it and like it, the Wild Justice program makes all hunters look like poachers and they spend an incredible amount of time busting illegal pot growers and Asian food violators. I don't watch it anymore.

One of my favorite shows! It blows my mind how dumb people are. It does anger me knowing how many fools are out "hunting" with complete disregard for the respect of wildlife and regulations. It's always a few idiots that ruin it for everyone. I've personally never had any issue with any wardens in MT. The ones I have talked to have been very helpful and seem to genuinely enjoy what they do

mtlion and I made a guest appearance on it a couple seasons ago.

There was a guy posting here a little bit that got busted big time on one if the first episodes of this new season.
Geez! Now that is a drive by... :D

My favorite moment I think was the guy that shot the injured elk (that had been shot by another hunter supposedly on accident) just a few minutes or couple hours before the block management area opened at noon. Another hunter was waiting on it to open to shoot the same injured elk and called the wardens. The warden gave the shooter a warning since he was unaware of the time the unit opened and was using his tag to euthanize the elk and arranged for the the parties to split the meat. I felt like they did a good job of using their better judgement instead of trying to throw the book at the guy.

My favorite moment I think was the guy that shot the injured elk (that had been shot by another hunter supposedly on accident) just a few minutes or couple hours before the block management area opened at noon. Another hunter was waiting on it to open to shoot the same injured elk and called the wardens. The warden gave the shooter a warning since he was unaware of the time the unit opened and was using his tag to euthanize the elk and arranged for the the parties to split the meat. I felt like they did a good job of using their better judgement instead of trying to throw the book at the guy.

That was the episode I was watching last night when I started this thread. I agree, for the most part I think these guys come off as being very professional as well as using discretion appropriately.

Watch Wild Justice once. Good lord! They are angry if someone has everything in order and made a legal kill. They act like they are the only thing standing between extinction and salvation for all animals. They really look like just some pot cops to me.

Probably an episode with the Warden in San Benito County, that guy was a huge douche. I've had the opportunity to meet several wardens in CA and they are all pretty cool. They've got a brutal job, MT has 10 wardens per 100,000 people, California has .75. Tack on to that 1,100 miles of coastline, a huge illegal pot industry, and sensationalization from a carefully edited show and it's hard to make them look good.

Back