Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Velvet bucks

JCS

Here are a few to get everybody in the mood.

Attachments

• 2biddle deer.jpg
    2biddle deer.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 438
  • MARSH04.jpg
    MARSH04.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 433
Those are really nice! I got to see a nice big whitetail Monday AM. I was walking the dog, and this huge ( by SC standards) buck jumped the ditch and the dirt road in front of my house. He came out of my yard to cross the road. My 13 lb. Jack Russell, almost jerked my arm out of the socket trying to go after the deer. I'm seriously thinking about just putting a chair under my front steps and sitting with the rifle once the season opens in 19 days.

Here's one I bumped into last night. One of those monsters you can shoot right off the road in Montana's most famous special draw mule deer area ;)

8614e874.jpg

And a little video I got before he winded me.

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/jigmaster5000/?action=view&current=92b7f4fa.mp4

OK everyone don't go flooding my inbox with inquries as to where this buck is :D

Heres one from a few years ago. Never found him after this picture.

Attachments

• vel deer.jpg
    vel deer.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 324
Your whitetail deer have a different coloration than ours. Are they pure blooded whitetail, or a hybrid? Even when ours are in their summer coats, they have a lot more white on them, and the top of the tails are much darker. Basically ours just shed the red coat and go to the brownish-gray for the winter, but the white portions remain the same. BTW, it is surprising to see a buck of that size with a doe this time of year down here. Is that normal for y'all?

Your whitetail deer have a different coloration than ours. Are they pure blooded whitetail, or a hybrid? Even when ours are in their summer coats, they have a lot more white on them, and the top of the tails are much darker. Basically ours just shed the red coat and go to the brownish-gray for the winter, but the white portions remain the same. BTW, it is surprising to see a buck of that size with a doe this time of year down here. Is that normal for y'all?

Completely different subspecies of whitetail up here than down there.

This is a young buck on one of my food plots.

Attachments

• PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 177
  • PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 179
couple from my hunting spot in WY this will be my first mule deer hunt so hope its goes good

Attachments

• DSCN0977.jpeg
    DSCN0977.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN1031.jpg
    DSCN1031.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 119

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch