MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Variety Pack Trout Fishing

Big Sky

I got up this morning at 4:15am and headed up the mountain to do a little mountain stream fishing. I was on the water by 5:15am. I fished until 8:30am and enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. I caught around 20 or more trout. The really fun part (I mean besides fighting the fish) was never knowing what kind of trout I would catch. I got a good mix of rainbows, brookies, and browns. Pretty darn cool when a guy can catch a variety like that out of the same creek. It also doesn't hurt that this creek along with 4 other great creeks are all within 20 minutes or less of my front door. Life is good.

My fly fishing buddies call spin fishing (sin fishing). If that's the case I'm a die-hard sinner. ;) Here's just a few pic's.

Nothing like seeing a rainbow first thing in the morning to get one's day off to a great start.
TroutRainbow3July6_zpsf26066c2.jpg

While rainbows are purty little creatures there is just something extra special about brooke trout in a high mountain stream. I've caught them in some of the most rugged and remote places the West has to offer. This morning wasn't rugged or remote, just beautiful, quite, and only me on the creek.
TroutBrooke3July6_zps5203c182.jpg

To me, the brown trout are the tough guys of the trout world. They have varacious appetites. They fight hard and live in the most difficult fishing holes. Usually there is a tree roots or downed tree's in every really good brown trout hole and they know how to use every inch of it to break a line. I always enjoy it when I out-smart these fiesty fish.
TroyBrownTrout7-3-13_zpse9a1e7b5.jpg

Everyone is a sinner, some of us just don't advertise it. :D

Nice fish and great write up.

Very nice. I hiked in 10 miles for some cutts and came up empty. Jealous.

So have you ever gotten up and fished that spot I told you about? There's also a really good lake just below the highest mountain you can see on the horizon.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back