Vail resorts good or evil?:nimbyism in the inter mountain west.

it’s a shame what CB has become, I’ve spent about 75% of my vacation time in and around the area over the last 15 years. Had an awesome vibe until about 10 years ago. Once they built that abomination of an arts center it lost its appeal to me. Progress I guess…
I still love Crested Butte. It's a wonderful place to vacation. The situation they face is similar to the situation so many expensive seasonal tourist destinations face. There's no easy answer. I don't mind the arts center at all.

Update:

There is an action item, for those who either support or oppose the Town of Vail permanently protecting this piece of winter range. The Vail Town Council and Eagle County Commissioners need to hear from you.

The Board of County Commissioners will be considering a unanimous recommendation from the Eagle County Open Space Advisory Committee to approve $5 million in open space funds funds to help secure the purchase. The BOCC next meets on Tuesday, September 26, so sooner is better.

The TOV Council will meet on October 3 to formally consider whether to move forward with the purchase at the price set by the Court. Your support for that effort can come in the form of an email to the Council, as well as a small donation to the cause. If you have ever purchased a $25 raffle ticket, maybe consider purchasing at tax-deductible ticket towards securing this property, with no chance to win anything but permanent protection of this important winter range.

Additional information, contact information for the Town Council and BOCC, and a link to donate can be found at the link below. Wild Sheep Foundation is acting as a fiscal agent for the Vail Bighorn Initiative for the purposes of collecting tax-deductible donations.

Update:

There is an action item, for those who either support or oppose the Town of Vail permanently protecting this piece of winter range. The Vail Town Council and Eagle County Commissioners need to hear from you.

The Board of County Commissioners will be considering a unanimous recommendation from the Eagle County Open Space Advisory Committee to approve $5 million in open space funds funds to help secure the purchase. The BOCC next meets on Tuesday, September 26, so sooner is better.

The TOV Council will meet on October 3 to formally consider whether to move forward with the purchase at the price set by the Court. Your support for that effort can come in the form of an email to the Council, as well as a small donation to the cause. If you have ever purchased a $25 raffle ticket, maybe consider purchasing at tax-deductible ticket towards securing this property, with no chance to win anything but permanent protection of this important winter range.

Additional information, contact information for the Town Council and BOCC, and a link to donate can be found at the link below. Wild Sheep Foundation is acting as a fiscal agent for the Vail Bighorn Initiative for the purposes of collecting tax-deductible donations.

Donation made, email sent. I hope they can raise the funds to get this done. Really appreciate the update.

I like this Councilman.

“As much as I can’t stand giving those bastards in Broomfield one red cent, I’ll be voting in favor because I would rather do that than watch this herd starve to death,” Staufer said. “I want to preserve this herd for future generations and my daughter’s granddaughter.”

Back