PEAX Equipment

Utah Elk

elkantlers

Here is an elk I got in Utah this year. The second picture I am holding an arrowhead I found not far from where I got the elk.

Attachments

• DSCN0855.jpg
    DSCN0855.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • DSCN0882.jpg
    DSCN0882.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 852
After I hauled the meat out I placed a trail cam on the carcass. I got some pretty good pics of this bear.

Attachments

• HUNT0072.jpg
    HUNT0072.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 769
  • HUNT0142.jpg
    HUNT0142.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 774
Great bull. Congrats.

That second pic has my mind wondering, "How does a guy go about getting a tag for that huge black bear?"

I hope you didn't have to pack him far, looks like a HUGE body. Nice job!

A big thanks to my BIL who brought his horses down for the hunt. He was probably a little over a mile into a canyon and about 600ft elevation drop. Not too bad, but it sure was nice to have him and his horses.

Congrats on a great bull. If that's your happy face you're sporting in those photos, I'd hate to see you pissed off :)

I know! Trust me I was plenty happy. I just didn't think about smiling. Probably just still in shock.

By the way, this was a Manti tag.

Here are some other pics.

Attachments

• DSCN0901.jpg
    DSCN0901.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 620
  • HUNT0068.jpg
    HUNT0068.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 622
  • HUNT0076.jpg
    HUNT0076.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 611
  • HUNT0075.jpg
    HUNT0075.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 607
Thanks for the replies. I have been putting in for Spring archery bear but can't seem to draw. If and when I do there will be a bait site not far from where the pics were taken.

Great looking bull and a nice set of pictures of the bear on the body.

How was it on the Manti this year? I have a dozen points for elk in Utah and looking at
this unit to maybe apply for soon to find a good bull. What quality and numbers of bulls
did you look over, how was the rut activity and if you don't mind me asking what hunt weapon
choice did you draw?

Back