Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Utah Archery Bull

Craig S.

1234859_10200465116494682_1771085705_n.jpg

Here is my 2013 Utah Archery Bull. I tagged out on September 9th & had my parents there with me, which was pretty cool.

My old man was climbing hills with me at age 57. He had a knee replacement 9 months ago (plus a back & neck fusion this past year). I honestly wouldn't have been able to get it done without him.

This story will be featured in the 2013 Utah Hunting Edition of the ORG. We hope you guys at hunttalk.com, come pre-order 1 or 2 of the 5 state editions we will be publishing next year.

The ORGs are a great resource for any hunter, but especially the OYO non-resident hunter.

Thanks-Craig
ORGhunt.com

Craig - That is a tremendous bull. So happy for you.

And for all of you Hunt Talkers, Criag publishes the Outdoor Resource Guide for Arizona and Colorado, with Utah to be coming out next year. These are amazing guides that help the hunter find all the services he needs, from motels, to taxidermists, sporting goods stores, you name it. If you are going to hunt one of those states, the small investment in one of Craig's guides will be some of the best money you can spend on that hunt.

Congrats on a whopper.

Bambi,

It was a poor shot, but angled back.

I made the decision to leave him over night because I felt it was liver at best. It rained all night & we had no blood the next morning. The tracks were sparse at best.

My dad & I found him at 11 am the next morning. We boned him out and got what we could on ice. The next morning, we discovered that anything that was left on the bone was turning bad.

This was the first time, me or my dad have ever lost any meat from a recovered animal. I didn't lose it all, but I lost more than I wanted too.

Hind sight: The bull died 10 minutes after I shot him. The shot was more angled than I thought, but still way back (last rib barely). I would leave him 99/100 times, but I wish this was the one time that I would have went.

Thanks-Craig

1234859_10200465116494682_1771085705_n.jpg

Here is my 2013 Utah Archery Bull. I tagged out on September 9th & had my parents there with me, which was pretty cool.

My old man was climbing hills with me at age 57. He had a knee replacement 9 months ago (plus a back & neck fusion this past year). I honestly wouldn't have been able to get it done without him.

This story will be featured in the 2013 Utah Hunting Edition of the ORG. We hope you guys at hunttalk.com, come pre-order 1 or 2 of the 5 state editions we will be publishing next year.

The ORGs are a great resource for any hunter, but especially the OYO non-resident hunter.

Thanks-Craig
ORGhunt.com[/QUOTE
That's a nice one. Way to go! Hope you get to spend many more years with your dad in the woods. Mine is 70 and is still killin bulls like yours.

That's a great bull, awesome mass on the fronts, just a great bull. Will have to check out one of your guides when I get to hunting more out of state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back