Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Us vs Europe.. Clothing

What I mean when I said Uk hunters were more traditional, my knowledge of hunting in the Uk is about Scottish highland stalking, duck and pheasant shooting. And to me it seems traditional tweed clothing still has a high standing. Also there are more old rituals and things than we have up here.
That is quite amusing!
I hunt in the far South West of England, i am English and proud of it:D
No tweed for me or any of my fellow hunters where i live.
I know what rituals you refer to, but we don't do it where i am from.
Cheers
Richard

Years ago when I worked for Barney Bob of Barneys Sports Chalet in Anchorage we sold Mamut mountaineering pants, and I saw a lot of Mamut ski clothing in Europe. However I think they've been largely replaced by synthetic stretch material pants by U.S. Hunting manufacturers. One thing I remember about nearly all European technical clothing is that you'd have to mortgage your house to buy an outfit that might cost $200 here. It was serious stuff.

What's the exchange rate with the Euro these days?

Interesting international thread here. HT going on European vacation!

What's the exchange rate with the Euro these days?

Interesting international thread here. HT going on European vacation!

Two days ago when I checked it was about $1.12 US to €1.00. That's pretty good, last time I was in the EU it was about $1.33 to €1.00. I'll be picking up some euro while I'm here, that's for sure.

If you are buying from the UK (we didn't adopt the Euro) it is the BEST time to buy/visit, exchange rate is $1.43/GBP
Which sucks for me as i just applied for my Montana tag!
Cheers
Richard

Being in Italy now, I have a hard time finding any outdoors (hunting/fishing) gear that is close to the same level. If you find a specialty fly shop they will have decent stuff but camo offerings are lacking across the board.

I'm just wondering if the hunting clothing sold in Europe is made in China? Most of the stuff sold in the U.S. is made in China. Even a lot of the high-end stuff.

I think that is pretty much the same, I think Norrønna and Bergans make their top of the line up here at least.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back