Upland Bird Dog

I picked up a weimador pup in January out of mt and he is showing great signs and is a papered mix through the akc. Both parents are hunting dogs of good blood and no known hereditary diseases. Are you looking for a male or female? The litter turned out chocolate colored. What is your budget looking like?

I am looking for a female. no preference on Color. my budget is $400. as i mentioned, looking for a BIRD dog. not specifically a upland or lowland, but a dog that will sniff out anything that flies. My past pooches have all been Goldens, and chukar/grouse chasing fools. Do you have a contact for your breeder?

You've never hunted birds till you've hunted with an ugly dog. Wire-haired pointing griffon. Unfortunately you can't just go out and pick one up at the local dog store. A lot of irresponsible breeding going on out there that you have to wade through to find a good hunting line. Some folks are breeding show dogs and passing them off as hunting dogs. The show dogs will hunt, but they tend to be big and have soft coats.

My brother keeps up on the breed and could point you in a good direction.

Yep, the ugliest breed ever, but boy do they grow on you. All they want to do is hunt birds and please the owner (family).

Good luck to all
the dog

picture.php

I am looking for a female. no preference on Color. my budget is $400. as i mentioned, looking for a BIRD dog. not specifically a upland or lowland, but a dog that will sniff out anything that flies. My past pooches have all been Goldens, and chukar/grouse chasing fools. Do you have a contact for your breeder?

My golden was by far the birdiest dog I've ever hunted behind! He was as good at upland as he was at waterfowl. I've got a lab now, but the next will definately be a Golden. I've seen some really nice Griffons and Dratthars, so they are on my list of breeds to experiment with someday.

Yep, the ugliest breed ever, but boy do they grow on you. All they want to do is hunt birds and please the owner (family).

Good luck to all
the dog

picture.php

Ive had a couple folks suggest this breed to me as well. Thank you all who have pointed me in the direction of a breeder. I have been in contact with the owners of a wirehair pointer, a lab kennel, and a Golden kennel.:D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back