PEAX Equipment

update to sheds found last year

JB

Protector of Innocent Idiots
Jeb and I found these last year and had high hopes we would see him this hunting season.
YGP5F6F.jpg

didnt see him early season and figured maybe we'd get a glimpse of him during rifle season......we found him locked up and dead with this ten point..... floating in the pond. looks like he had a good year up until the battle.(didnt have camera with me)

100_1947-1.jpg

100_1960.jpg

Nice bucks. Did the skulls come apart on their own?

it took some scratching of heads, time and finagling but we were able to seperate them. Im pretty sure they would of seperated on their own hadnt they went in the pond.

Crazy stuff. Cool find though.
Sucks to lose two good looking and possibly younger deer like that.

Any good reason why you seperated them? There is no way I would ever pull apart the two I have.

Any good reason why you seperated them?

no. only bad reasons. :D

where they were it would of been pretty tough to get them out of the pond without some extra work....wasnt that important to me to go through that just to keep them locked up. As it was, even after seperated they were a bitch to get out.

If you had found them what would you do?

Last edited:
If you had found them what would you do?

I'd have got them out of the pond locked together and kept them that way. They'd go well with the set I already have.

JB,
Nice sheds and thats pretty cool that you at least found him even though you didn't get a chance to harvest him. You will have an interesting story to share for years to come.

Love the smile on that kid's face too, probably one of the best pics ever posted here. How many more years before we start seeing him with his buck?

JB,
Nice sheds and thats pretty cool that you at least found him even though you didn't get a chance to harvest him. You will have an interesting story to share for years to come.

Love the smile on that kid's face too, probably one of the best pics ever posted here. How many more years before we start seeing him with his buck?

thanks Wyo. I have a feeling it wont be long before he starts getting picky with his buck tags......he's starting to guess which bucks to hunt by the size tree rub'd and hoof print in scrapes. Im honestly having the best time of my hunting life because of him. Now if we could manage to stay in the stand without all the laughing and cut'n up we do we might kill a big buck. Kinda sad to know that him sitting in the stand with me is almost over....wont be long and he's gonna want to hunt by himself.

I'd have got them out of the pond locked together and kept them that way. They'd go well with the set I already have.

post a pic so I know what Im missing out on.

Here are a couple pics of mine when they were found, if I remember correctly there is around 290 inches of antler between the two of them. These two will never come apart in my lifetime.

Attachments

• Bucksclose.jpg
    Bucksclose.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 144
  • BuckHold.jpg
    BuckHold.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 153
I thought they'd be bigger with all that adamancy.
nice find though, congrats.
maybe one day you will understand what this thread is about......good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back