Unexpected coolness...

SFC B

We had a range day today with work. One of the owners of Thunderbeast suppressors came down from WY to give us a little info period and chance to shoot the full line. I am pretty meh about suppressors due to the red tape but this session turned around for me when we started unpacking guns. 3 rifles floored me and I was like a kid in a candy shop. Accuracy International chassis guns in 300 PRC, 308 and 6.5 CM . They were wearing 2 Zero Compromise and a Schmidt and Bender respectively. Grinning ear to ear I shot them as much as I could. The only disappointment in it was that we were only on a 100m range. I took my turns literally shooting the pedals off of sunflowers at that distance.......one more thing I would have probably never have gotten to do without this job. BTW, the suppressors were amazing too!! The pic is me behind the 300PRC

Attachments

• AI 300 PRC.jpg
    AI 300 PRC.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 83
My duty rifle was an AI in .308, stunningly accurate. I’m like you when it comes to suppressors but given I’ve lost 60% of my hearing, if given a chance to go back in time, I would buy suppressors and lottery tickets in that order.
Glad you had a fun day.

Some people just don’t understand they should mind their own business!

Pulled up to the range with my elderly uncle and a buddy from out of state. Basically started running his mouth as we pulled rifles from cases.

Would think a more sound business practice would be inquiring if we ever shot suppressed before, would we like to try the stuff he had, benefits, costs, process/timeline etc.

I am very curious about making the switch, but would never purchase one of his products after that encounter.

Called my friend and had a good laugh at the memory. That guy is a clown. (Assuming it’s the one I am thinking it is.)

Was at the range and basically got berated by this guy for not shooting suppressed.

Unimpressed.
I chatted with a guy a couple years ago that admittedly loved to piss people off with his muzzle braked 338 RUM at ranges. He was a jerk and apparently wanted to let people know

You want to know who the real @&&holes are at the range? Muzzleloader shooters, apparently.

I’ve never been given so much grief at a range until I started shouting mine. Last week, I went down and had wind at my back. I let one go and the powder blew to my target. The guy two lanes from me started coughing and laughed at me.

AITA?!?!?

Back