Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ukraine / Russia

I would argue most of our upper level of government over the age of 72 could be considered on the crazy part of the spectrum.
I would argue that every country should stop electing men to any political position. Maybe at least we would stop relying on bombs to solve problems.

We elect millionaires or soon to be millionaires...
Term limits really solves 95% of all of these problems. 3 or 4 terms as a Representative and 2 or 3 terms as a Senator. I don't care what their genders or gender identities are. Just move them along when they get long in the tooth and entrenched in their corporate spider's web of commitments and promises.

Cap it at 10 or so years in the federal government, and ban transitioning to lobbying, or any private org they did business with as a gov employee.

On top of that, prison time for passing unconstitutional laws. A balanced budget and no deficit would be nice too while we are dreaming here.

In reality, none of that will happen and we will bankrupt ourselves through blank check proxy wars. It's looking bleak for the US.

Term limits really solves 95% of all of these problems. 3 or 4 terms as a Representative and 2 or 3 terms as a Senator. I don't care what their genders or gender identities are. Just move them along when they get long in the tooth and entrenched in their corporate spider's web of commitments and promises.
I don't disagree but the reality is the sheep don't get to regulate the wolf...we're way past entrenched/institutionalized grift Brent. All estates including the fourth are in on it.

Last edited:
Lobbyists, DC insiders and congressional staff fully endorse your proposal ;)

I agree status quo sucks, but when drowning it doesn't help to add water ;)
I realize you don't like term limits. But to keep on doing the same thing, that doesn't work is more or less a definition of insanity.. You always have more creative ideas and solutions than most folks

I don't disagree but the reality is the sheep don't get to regulate the wolf...we're way past entrenched/institutionalized grift Brent. All estates including the fourth is in on it.
If i recall Japan has (had?) whats called “the iron triangle” consisting of a bureaucracy, politicians and corporations.

“The practice of bureaucrats being helped into roles within the industries they’ve spent their careers regulating is called amakudari (“descent from heaven”), and it’s a familiar practice to anyone who has studied the structure of Japan’s postwar government. It was one of the structural supports of the “Iron Triangle,” which connected the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), the bureaucracy and Japan’s corporations in a tightly bonded relationship of mutual self-interest. Bureaucrats who faithfully served the LDP’s interests during their civil service career were rewarded with high-paying corporate roles upon retirement; in turn, they provided the corporations with access to a valuable network of contacts and back-channels into their former ministries.”

Biden will demand that the ships be converted to electric. LOL
Technically our aircraft carriers and submarines are electric, just powered by nuclear energy. The propellers are spun by either the steam powered turbines, or an electric motor. Either way, a 1 million mile range before refueling, with basically unlimited fuel in that range, is badass. We have 9 or 10 carriers?? Believe it's as many as all other nations combined, including our allies. Submarines are our MAD nuclear deterrent though when it comes to us vs Russia.

I realize you don't like term limits. But to keep on doing the same thing, that doesn't work is more or less a definition of insanity.. You always have more creative ideas and solutions than most folks
Some real solutions - (1) the “moderate middle” starts showing up to party precinct meetings and gets reasonable folks on the ballot; (2) amend const to require all elected members of Congress, the president, veep, and holder of any appointed position requiring senate confirmation resign on their 72 birthday. And both parties dismantle the “Hassert Rule” and similar approaches that allow small congressional sub groups to yield far greater power than their numbers provide.

Some real solutions - (1) the “moderate middle” starts showing up to party precinct meetings and gets reasonable folks on the ballot; (2) amend const to require all elected members of Congress, the president, veep, and holder of any appointed position requiring senate confirmation resign on their 72 birthday. And both parties dismantle the “Hassert Rule” and similar approaches that allow small congressional sub groups to yield far greater power than their numbers provide.

Sign me up.

I knew it was in practice, but I wasn't aware that the Hastert Rule had a name. Pretty gross.

Well the moderate middle doesn't belong g to a party and tend to view them as antidemocratic - especially with our primitive voting system (raising my hand here).

Age limits will be unconstitutional without an amendment, but I'd support it.

I'll have to look up the Hassert Rule.

I'd rather see removal of corporate campaign funding and, for that matter, all private donations. Make campaigns strictly tax funded. And replace idiotic American voting system with something rational.

We could all go on and on about this, but won't happen because the parties are all powerful.

Well the moderate middle doesn't belong g to a party and tend to view them as antidemocratic - especially with our primitive voting system (raising my hand here).

Age limits will be unconstitutional without an amendment, but I'd support it.

I'll have to look up the Hassert Rule.

I'd rather see removal of corporate campaign funding and, for that matter, all private donations. Make campaigns strictly tax funded. And replace idiotic American voting system with something rational.

We could all go on and on about this, but won't happen because the parties are all powerful.
Any attempt at limiting political speech would need to also address the fact that we spend hundreds of billions of tax payer dollars and decades of the formative years of our children being educated by a self-acknowledged one sided political echo chamber. I worry a lot more about that than a bunch of dumb tv ads once every 4 years that most of us ignore.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back