Two Houndsmen Meet

Ike

I just spent the past few days hunting bears with another houndsman from out of state. This guy contacted me before the drawing wanting to know what unit to apply for so he could come hunt with me. He drew the tag and it all came together this past week.hump

However, late September weather doesn't always seem like bear hunting. We set up camp and got snowed on twice but did manage to find a few bears to run. |oo

We did get the hounds out after bears a few times however, and took a nice chocolate boar on the last day.:) The hounds all did pretty well and we both survived the mud and snow to run again!

Yall keep'em treed!
ike

Attachments

• mountain.jpg
    mountain.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 426
  • dogstreed.jpg
    dogstreed.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 431
  • plott.jpg
    plott.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 425
  • bear2.jpg
    bear2.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 422
Nice photos, Thanks! Looks like you have a couple redbones, walker and ? Is that black hound part Black & Tan?

Most all of my hounds are redbone or english crosses. Two of those hounds in the photos belonged to the hunter and are plotts.

Cameron Hunt said:
Good job IKE! Got any more pics of the bear? Still wanting to get up there and go out on a hunt with you.

Yeah cameron, I have photos and video of the kill and dead bear but am hesitant to post photos of someone other than me on the net. |oo There seems to be too many mean spirited people on these webpages that take every opportunity to run a guy down, and I've grown tired of all that.hump I wrote a short clip of a boar we killed this past spring for Full Cry that will probably be in the November issue; likewise, I will write something on this bear for the December issue. Both of those articles will have dead bear photos in them. Had I bothered to get behind the bear alone I would be happy to post up for you and the gang.

Keep'em treed!
ike

more photos

A few more photos, but none of the bear are very good--may have done better on the video.hump

Attachments

• treedsolid.jpg
    treedsolid.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 238
  • treedsolid2.jpg
    treedsolid2.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 239
  • bear09-24-06#1.jpg
    bear09-24-06#1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 235
  • bear 09-24-06#2.jpg
    bear 09-24-06#2.jpg