Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Turo vehichle rental

Went with a guy who turo'd a truck when his hit a deer 3 days out from a Wisconsin NR hunt.

I told him we can take mine, "why, we can use this like a rented mule, the company is picking up the tab".

I don't recall him ever saying anything after the fact relative to turo/the owner of the vehicle, but ill shoot him a text.

Anyone ever use Turo car rental for a hunting trip?
We rented one this past year for a few days in Hawaii. Now we weren't hunting per sey but, we did do some off roading and did into some of the higher mountain rds. One thing I did like is that they have the different insurance policies you can get to which is nice.

The guy we rented from was pretty inquisitive on what our plans were, (tourist stuff, hana roads, beaches, airport, etc.) He didn't really lay much down for any rules and don't dos. Just fill it up and clean it up when you return it. That's it🤷‍♂️

I'd just be honest with em, if it is the trip I'm thinking of for you then chances are someone will be good with it.

I've actually thought about this exact thing and buying a couple rigs to have for this exact purpose. I think that turo deal has a hell of a potential for that stuff (4wheelers, side x side) stuff like that.

We rented one this past year for a few days in Hawaii. Now we weren't hunting per sey but, we did do some off roading and did into some of the higher mountain rds. One thing I did like is that they have the different insurance policies you can get to which is nice.

The guy we rented from was pretty inquisitive on what our plans were, (tourist stuff, hana roads, beaches, airport, etc.) He didn't really lay much down for any rules and don't dos. Just fill it up and clean it up when you return it. That's it🤷‍♂️

I'd just be honest with em, if it is the trip I'm thinking of for you then chances are someone will be good with it.

I've actually thought about this exact thing and buying a couple rigs to have for this exact purpose. I think that turo deal has a hell of a potential for that stuff (4wheelers, side x side) stuff like that.
Yah that's my thought as well just lay it out for them that we will be hunting but not beating the F$%k out of it. Just sine two tracks and dusty roads. Seems a lot cheaper than traditional car rentals and you know what your renting no suprises.

I have two friends who Turo out their vehicles. From their side it went OK, though there are some rules around vehicle mileage etc for renting out.

I’ve looked into it a few times for longer trips. Mileage limits always made it not work for the specific vehicles I wanted, but that’s just part of the fine print on each.

I rented a little VW Tiguan for a hunt. I flew into Denver, owner had it sitting in Park DIA, and I just shuttled out to it. Never saw the owner, and he never asked what I was doing with it. That trip didn't really require any offroading.

I'd use it again. I just bought an older 4 runner for a hunting rig, so I may not be needing rental cars for awhile, though.

Our friends were just telling us about theirs. When picking up car they noted a rock chip in windshield to the people renting. It was also written on contract. After driving a few days then chip turned into a crack. They got billed $150 for a new windshield. They argued and lost because they were told they must have done something to make chip spread. They never drove off highway.

Turo policy is vehicle must stick to paved roads. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to use one to hunt with if I knew I was going to be able to maintain its condition. There's some older vehicles on turo that you can probably get away with a small scratch or 2 if shit happens. I think I'd be more worried about mud and dust in the interior than anything else.

I have rented turo a fair amount. Always good experiences. People have overland rigs and such on there here in denver so you should be good… oh wait, most of them have never seen a dirt road…

I would just run it by the person and you should be good to go. If they aren’t ok with it I’m sure you can find one.

Used Turo several times in Alaska for both hunting and fishing trips. Never had an issue and usually much less hassle than traditional rental companies. Always take meticulous photos of inside and out when picking up so you can prove you didn’t damage anything.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back