Tule Elk Archery Bull

With the golf course and all the ranches in the area there should be no issue with antler growth. I have driven through there a ton of times on my way to LA to visit family,Disneyland, six flags etc. There are some really nice sized bulls in the unit. If they are located on the ranch's you can usually ask for permission to hunt the ranch. They will usually allow it from the people I know that have had the tags.

Yes, luckily growing up over there may payoff! ;)

Congrats Ike, can't wait to see you with your bull.

My cousin is building points, can't wait to join him on that hunt. I should have bough the lifetime before I left CA just for this hunt.

I graduated from High School In Lone Pine. We didn't have a season way back then. My xwife still lives there.I use to see lots f them between Lone Pine and Independence. On the old owens river. Good Luck.Aka Bigdan

I graduated from High School In Lone Pine. We didn't have a season way back then. My xwife still lives there.I use to see lots f them between Lone Pine and Independence. On the old owens river. Good Luck.Aka Bigdan

Oh no, kidding, what year...Went to Independence my Freshman year then dad transferred up to Hot Creek and I graduated out of Mammoth...Played Lone Pine in Baseball and Football! I'm so frick'n excited...:D

Maxed out with 10 points and no telling how many years before that, dream come true!!!

Thanks guys, I'll do my best...

1963-1964. I lived in Olancha.Indenpendence had no footballat that time but they were good at both baseball and basket ball. One of there players went on to play for St Louis Cards. My dad run Cottonwood Pack Station.

1963-1964. I lived in Olancha.Indenpendence had no footballat that time but they were good at both baseball and basket ball. One of there players went on to play for St Louis Cards. My dad run Cottonwood Pack Station.

Amazing, I think that's who DF&G would use to get into the CottonWood lakes to spawn the Goldens...Got to go in there one Summer I was there and what a experience! Small world Dan...

I packed more fish eggs out of cottonwood lakes than you can gess. My cousan still owns Cottonwood pack station. If I rember long ago your dad worked at Mt Whitney fish hatchery.

Yup, then promoted and we went to Hot Creek...I'm so pumped to get back over there and Chase Tule's...:D. Any suggestions on this hunt Dan, I'm all ears...

Last edited:
That is an awesome photo of those bulls, I hope you find 'em like that in your unit. Congrats on the draw, we'll be looking for some upcoming photos this fall!

That is an awesome photo of those bulls, I hope you find 'em like that in your unit. Congrats on the draw, we'll be looking for some upcoming photos this fall!

Yes, that's actually from a friend of ours that has 'em out his back door...He likes to tease me now and again, so I figured it's only fair to pass it on...;)

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back