Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Tuesday Fishing photos?

Ben Lamb

We seem to be filling up days with guns, throwback, music but nothing exclusively for fishing.

Big Brown from small water in an undisclosed location so Bozemanites won't poach it:

tim3.jpg

The better half right after the wedding. This was her largest trout to date. She's usually catching more fish than me now:

ystone2.jpg

Father-In-Law's first Montana fish. This was right after our wedding in 2007. Bob hasn't spent much time with a fly rod, preferring trolling rigs for Great Lakes Salmon & dragging frogs across a lake bottom for bass:

ystone15.jpg

Skwalas are right around the bend:

broot41.jpg

I don't get to fish as nearly as much as I'd like to, most of my trips consist of a charter on the Pacific for salmon as it's an easy way to fill a freezer.

Rockfish trips can be fun too.

We did a bit of fishing on our trip to Chile in 2008. Trying to follow instructions from our guide who spoke zero English was entertaining until my wife landed a big "trouta-salmon" and he called her "la professional"

Yosemite has a definite shortage of suck when it comes to fishing in the high country.

No backcountry fish fry is complete without bourbon

Mixed bag for fun. My junker flyroad and a bunch of wild hops after a day of fishing. A pike I caught on a tip-up earlier this ice season. A fall brown I caught on a spinner...I prefer to catch them on streamers but you gotta use what produces fish. ;)

Attachments

• flyrod & hops.jpg
    flyrod & hops.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 577
  • pike.jpg
    pike.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 588
  • brown.jpg
    brown.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 582
Just before freeze up in December. My oldest son.
Aaron12-27-13LargeA_zpsb02927f5.jpg

Same day, but a photo that I think captured the magic of the morning.
Aaron12-27-13Large_zps3d71bb98.jpg

Oldest son with a nice brown in October.
AaronAdams9-27-13_zps3ed1e639.jpg

Not to be out done, the old man (me) caught a couple decent fish as well last fall.
TroyAdams9-27-13_zps977fbc08.jpg

Here's the last fish I caught out of the creek that runs through town.
Troy19_zpsd3eb441b.jpg

Last but not least, here is what I will be doing this coming weekend. It's been a couple years since I was at the lake where I caught these perch, but I'm hoping for a good reunion. I know it still has big perch, I'm just hoping I can get lucky enough to get a few to bite.
TroyBigPerch_zps86d2dd9c.jpg

Two of the best days of my life last year were fishing.

First me and the old man snuck away for a few hours one morning on vacation and caught about 40 fish each from the dock

Then in the fall I took my two youngest fishing. They both caught their first fish that evening.

1) I stole this trophy from your state Ben...He is now on my wall. 2) I am a flyfisherman at heart, but when the little lady wants to go, we go her way. 3) This guy is my biggest trout to date on a fly rod. He now resides on my office wall.

Attachments

• AaronsLakeTrout.jpg
    AaronsLakeTrout.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 479
  • AaronAndHannah.jpg
    AaronAndHannah.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 497
  • Sept 06 5lbs 23inches2.jpg
    Sept 06 5lbs 23inches2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 488
Couple more...come on spring!!!

Attachments