NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Tramoplines....

Moosie

Grand poopa
Just set up a Large one in the yard....
\
We had one that was like 8' round and 2.5' off the ground . this is one of the LARGE ones high off the ground.

I am now taking bets on when I have to bring my first kid to the hospital for a broken something....

Tell me it was a good Idea to get one. Anyone with Experiences or stories ?>?>?>?>?>>>>??????

I've played on these in the past for years....

• You should always have some one else around when in use in case some thing happens
  • Don't have it near any structure where boys can climb up and jump off
  • Don't have to many people on it at once or you'll be buying new springs
  • Keep the padding on the edges
  • Lastly, it doesn't work well with alcohol consumption... :D

Moose besides the edge padding while the little ones are learning you can get side netting. I would with youngsters. We had a blast on them.

My buddy has one the same size. He dug a hole in his back yard and put the tramp in it, that way when his girls go flying off they're 3' closer to the ground. His girls were 6 and 9 when he got it IIRC. As far as I know neither has been hurt.

Funny, my buddy just told me his homeowners insurance just sent him a letter saying his had to go or find a new insurance company. He can't figure out how they found out he had one.

I also agee that you should get the netting for the side. Jorge has one at his ranch, and the boys all love it. He has the netting, though, so I don;t worry about it too much.

My buddy has one the same size. He dug a hole in his back yard and put the tramp in it, that way when his girls go flying off they're 3' closer to the ground. His girls were 6 and 9 when he got it IIRC. As far as I know neither has been hurt.

It used to be insurance company's did drive by inspections. They are always concerned about additional risk or a house actually being vacant. Now they probably use google earth.

Moosie,

I just bought the kids a big trampoline also. My wife was the one who said the looked like fun, now all the neighbor kids are over jumping on it as well. Some things you just have to do without regard to all the things that could go wrong. Think about when you were a kid and the things you lived through.

Nemont

I hope its o.k. cause there is one in my backyard. Both the 5 year old and the 1 year old have fallen off. Caught the little one by an ankle, the older one hit the ground, had a good cry and got back on the horse, I mean the trampoline.

I have a net which will be going up soon.. .. soon as the fishing slows down.

Ha, thats funny. My Dad has been a cop for 20 some years and hew would never get us one because he told us "I have been seen too many kids with broken necks from those stupid things." Well we were even banned from jumping on them at neighbors houses. My Dad was tict when my sister jumped on one and ended up bouncing her knee into her front two teeth. Nearly knocked them out, ended up going to the emergency room, calling the dentist up to come look at them. Her eating nothing but yogurt for about a month and miraculously not killing the teeth after them moved them back in place. To top it all off she had braces befor that, and my parents were both pretty mad about that. Anyway, that is my only horror story about trampolines.

If it gets much use, expect a trip to the hospital for a broken bone.
We had one for years when the kids were younger. My neice broke her arm falling off of it. Also saw a few drunk adults do some wicked, near death fugg ups.
Come to think of it, just about everyone I know that had a trampoline experienced a trip to the hospital at least once for a broken bone.

.......... Hey, they are a bunch of fun though. Can't have your kids growing up as pampered, over protected sissys.

had one as a kid...

when we had one as a kid it was during the height of wrestling when everyone still thought it was real (The Von Erich era).

We had people fall off, drop kicked off (I was the king of the "superkick" like the dude from england) land on thier heads, etc, etc and i guess it was a miracle noone ever got hurt. At one point i could do 2 complete flips in the air off my feet or knees and did something like 22 consecutive back flips without stopping.

I just got one for the kids and it has the netting around it. Feels safer for the kids, but in a way i regret that we don't let kids learn the hard way for doing something stupid. I guess it would be pretty hard to live with yourself though if you had a kid killed or permanantly hurt at your place -not to mentioned being sued for a broken bone from the neighbors.

I would recommend a release form being signed before neighbors jump on it.

tip from the experienced.....

Never, never, never, never jump off the trampoline silently and land next to a sleeping cat- they go completely ape shit at the expense of your legs and arms. :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP:

I always had one, tons of fun, a few bumps and bruises, good place to make out with a chick while you're a teenager, fun for throwing the sleeping bags on during a sleepover (probably best not to combine with the previous event) etc.

For insurance purposes . . . Make sure your homeowner's policy has a good med-pay provision and get kids' parents to sign a release.

I've been thinking about it... This weekend is Fathers/son camping trip with the church but next weekend is Father rent a backho and put the Trampoline in the ground for a piece of mind.

I almost fell off of it too. But I was Spinning and watching the Wife jump up and down and Bouncing.... GOD BLESS gravity !!!! hump hump hump

Moosie, after you dig that hole, throw the thing in and back-fill it.

when I was a kid, my best friend had one.
no trips to the hospital for me but easily could of been....hell, there should of been.
I remember this one time I had the great idea that it would be fun to jump as high as humanly possible and then to tuck into canon ball position when landing........I even yelled " CANNON-BALL " to make sure everyone knew I was gonna do this on purpose.
problem is, when you tuck into cannonball position and land back on the trampoline you are not completely round like a ball ,you still have angles to deal with.
so I kinda shot off to the side a bit....I got lucky and landed right between the end of the trampoline and the bar, head first....my head went between the springs. the springs damned near ripped my ears off and my back took a good whack from the bar.....after I realized that my back wasnt broken and both ears were still attached I laughed almost as hard as the guys that were rolling on the ground holding their guts.

....you will definetly want to enforce the "one at a time" rule also. very easy to get hurt when two people are jumping at the same time.

New safety guidelines are needed to prevent the rise in trampoline-related injuries
A recent rise in the number of accidents involving trampolines is giving the government cause for concern. 10% of childhood fractures have been caused by trampoline related accidents in the last two years. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents report that 11,500 people were injured by trampoline incidents in the UK since 2002. Over the last five years the number of these injuries have doubled due to the enormous increase in popularity and sales.

The recommendations include:

Follow the basic safety rules.
Only one person at a time should be allowed on a trampoline. Approximately 75% of injuries occur when there is more than one person using it. The younger child is more vulnerable to injury. All children should be supervised and wear protective clothing.
Any exposed metalwork or hard plastic should be padded.
Somersaults and complex manoeuvres should be discouraged or made safer by digging the trampoline into a pit at ground level.
Padding should be put on the ground or extra circumferential netting added.

I did a back flip on one once when I was 13 or so. I landed on the ground. I'm thinkin I was lucky I wasn't really hurt. Had some friends break some bones and stuff as well. I don't think I'd get one for my kid

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerks28
Back