Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Trail cameras

*Bowdude*

What is the opinion of these on a bait? Do they tend to scare off bears, or at least the older ones? One guy here in Wis says that anytime he gets a really big bear on a pic after dark, he never shows again. The flash possibly scaring em off?

How often you have the camera taking pics? :confused:

We have used them for a couple of years, and haven't noticed any bears getting scared off, but, we haven't had any "big" bears come in. I think that is more a product of the genetics of the bears where we hunt.

We have got the same bear, day after day taking pictures of himself. The cameras are nice because they let you know what the bears look like, and which ones you don't want to shoot. They also let you know how many bears you have coming in.

Just be careful and keep the camera clean by keeping your hands clean, or the bears will eat the cameras....

We had a BIG bear stay on the bait

For 4 hours getting a picture every 15 minutesand he was only 10 feet from the camera . This bear had a skull of 20"3/16 and squared 7'1" .
Cameras seem to scare some bears but the majority dont seem to mind .

I agree that most bear don't get scared too bad. Bears see the flsh, might Jump away but they won't run far ..... Then they realise that no one else is around and will come back. Like Gunner said We don't have "BIG BEAR" hitting the site much but The big boars have 2 tings on their mind. First and foremost is Spring Sex. If you have a Female around that is "ready" for some Action you can Swing on a Tree vine and He'll be back to look for her. The second is Food, Which is harder to keep a Big boar in ther area for that.... If you can't figure out why, See reason #1 :D

If you maintain a Site in the Same spot every year Bears will get used to ity and It will be "old hat" for them. We actually had a Little bear come in and I slowly started to move and then worked into a full blown Dance in my Tree stand and He stuck around. I'm guessing this year He'll remember that and know he's safe and in a Few Years He'll be coming in as We're baiting and sitting there with us :)

HAd I done that with a Big one I'm guessing it wouldn't have accepted it as much, but it's a bit more then a "flash" going off too.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back