Trail Camera Advice

Jorgy

I have been thinking of getting a trail camera for awhile now to use in my backyard to see what comes through at night. We see deer alot, but mostly in the winter months only. Last night at 3am we had the biggest mule deer I had ever seen in person outside my patio door driving my dogs crazy. The wife keep thinking it was a elk because it was so big.

So, back to the trail cam, I have been looking for one that has a timer for on/off so that my dogs don't use up all the memory during the day time, but haven't found one that does that.

Anyone have experience with a trail cam that will function only at night? I don't see me ever using a trail cam for anything but this, so I'm not worried about other functions as much.

Most newer models I looked at using 8 AA batteries in still pic mode will shoot thousands of images over several months including night flash and use 30% of your battery life. If you choose to shoot video, the instructions tell you to expect much less battery life.

I have never heard of one where you can "turn off" the camera for certain periods. I know they make them so you can take "field view" photos at certain times regardless of whether or not you have motion in front of it. Either way, Cabelas has the Cuddeback Attack on sale right now for $99. That might be a good one to start with. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunt...=SBC;MMcat104791680;cat104767380;cat103867380

I have never heard of one where you can "turn off" the camera for certain periods. I know they make them so you can take "field view" photos at certain times regardless of whether or not you have motion in front of it. Either way, Cabelas has the Cuddeback Attack on sale right now for $99. That might be a good one to start with. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunt...=SBC;MMcat104791680;cat104767380;cat103867380

with new technology we have today i'm not surprise. there are camera out there that have a internet connection. You can be at home and receive pictures. If some one take your camera the receiver is barrier 100 yard away. so you will have the last :)

You don't need to worry about your dogs filling up a card. Just put an 8 GB card in and you could check it once a month with room to spare. I love seeing what walks through my yard while the world is asleep!!
I believe the wildgame cameras, at least some of them, have a setting where they will only shoot at night or during the day. That would work for your situation!

Some of the original Camtrakker trail cameras had a day/night option. Also, the 35 mm photos were far superior to most of the digital photos taken by today's trail cameras. They are expensive to operate, and pictures converted from film to digital for processing are no good. One of these might be a good option in your situation though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back