• Ménage a trad (longbow and recurve)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tradsphobic

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other trad

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sometimes, when I draw my recurve an image of myself as a Scythian with pointed hat appears in my brains - mounted atop nisean horse, drawing upon mercenaries defending the trade caravans of the Greek settlers encroaching into my Crimean homeland. Other times, the same Scythian me is drawing upon a running deer or hare, gathering food as I head into the wild open valleys of the Altai.

This is a much better brain image than that of an Englishman in tights shooting apples or the French with a longbow.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
How about an English nobleman's son who speaks American and is pretty tricky with a bow? I wanted to be Kevin Costner when I grew up...
Haha, I liked that one as a kid, too. Until I learned about mounted steppe nomads, of course.

Maybe there should be a Yellowstone/Robin Hood crossover. Morgan Freeman and Costner team up on the ranch. Some evil English-furiners, including Jamie who has suddenly developed an English accent, are trying to cut their hearts out with spoons. Rip plays the role of Tiny Tim but doesnt make it. Then it all ends with a Mongol invasion, only the Mongols are really the Tribe from the local Rez storming out of the Park a top grizzly bears. Thats when the floods start and Costner grows gills and we cut to black.

Last edited:
I'm not brand new to tradventuring, but kind of feel like I am in my tradolescence in terms of my maturity in the act. After hunting with a compound, I find stick and string a tradmirable endevour, and I don't wanna be tradversarial, but it's more pure. I have both types of bows though, so am pretty tradaptible, and I don't mean to tradvertise my skills, but if I could ever get within ten yards of an ungulate again, my aim would be tradequate enough to poke it in the heart.

I don't plan to hunt elk with a compound again in the near future, however when I do a haul road caribou hunt the compound will be coming with me.

Saw this one on an Instagram page last night. It stirred up some tradcuriosity.View attachment 188158
Thats a Bear Kodiak Magnum. I like the shape and thought about buying that one - green also being my favorite color - when I was buying a new recurve recently (because my ancient one is a measly 40lb draw) . But then I thought, 'thats way more green than a Scythian would have tolerated'.

Thats a Bear Kodiak Magnum. I like the shape and thought about buying that one - green also being my favorite color - when I was buying a new recurve recently (because my ancient one is a measly 40lb draw) . But then I thought, 'thats way more green than a Scythian would have tolerated'.
Who needs a recurve when you have a falcon?

I'm not brand new to tradventuring, but kind of feel like I am in my tradolescence in terms of my maturity in the act. After hunting with a compound, I find stick and string a tradmirable endevour, and I don't wanna be tradversarial, but it's more pure. I have both types of bows though, so am pretty tradaptible, and I don't mean to tradvertise my skills, but if I could ever get within ten yards of an ungulate again, my aim would be tradequate enough to poke it in the heart.
I love it, although I almost felt you were tradsplaining a lil bit

Back