Trade my 30-06 for 308 or not

Preacher shaner

Ok i know this is not going to set well with some but thats fine. I have 3 hunting rifles. And as of now i wont have more guns than i will realy use. I have a rem 700 in 3006 but today i seen a real nice M1A with a black stock. So if i get the M1A i sale the 06. Now it will be for hunting. So sale or not to sale that is the question

I also say go with what you like best. I had initially started with an 06 but traded for a 308. The 06 was a savage axis and kicked so hard I didn’t want to shoot it and developed a heck of a flinch. The 308 has helped my groups tighten up and the flinch is gone. Plus it was good enough to drop a bull at 220 yards so I’m happy with my choice.

Ok i know this is not going to set well with some but thats fine. I have 3 hunting rifles. And as of now i wont have more guns than i will realy use. I have a rem 700 in 3006 but today i seen a real nice M1A with a black stock. So if i get the M1A i sale the 06. Now it will be for hunting. So sale or not to sale that is the question
Are you drunk?

Alright its not my only gun. I have a 6.5 and a 7 mag. The 06 or 308 is my mid size gun.
And no i am not drunk. Have not drank a drop in 20 yesrs.

I am going to Newfoundland for my 45th the 06 or 308 is the back up for any the 7mag. Thata why i am aaking . so thats kind of my hang up.

Do you want a zombie rifle or a hunting rifle. the M1A is a neat gun, but it wasn't built for mountain hunting and extreme accuracy.

Buy the M1A if you want but in my opinion, it's a terrible choice for a big game rifle. Waay too heavy and bulky, and the peep sights will be a serious liability in low light. I can say that because my first big game rifle for a couple years was an M1 Garand. Same issues, but lighter than the M1A.

Recoil from the .308 is a bit less than the .30-06, and significant enough for those who shoot high power rifle competition as the on-target recovery is faster from the .308. But again, a lighter rifle with a scope will be a better choice.

I may be wrong, but if I read your marginally-literate post correctly, you are considering an M1. I think that you had better read the regulations, as I believe that Canada does not allow the semi-auto rifles. Maybe I'm wrong, but before you buy it, check it out. An M1 is a great rifle, but NOT a good hunting rifle to lug around over the tundra. That country is no joke.

Stank .you .sos. much for the for alls the help wit tge grammers .correction eyes dis not know my fat .fingers could mess so much .wordes up. . eyes hope you feels good trying to .make your self .feel smarter than other people. By points things that have nothing to to with what i ask.
But on a brighter note thanks for the info on Canada and the semi auto thing. I have not looked in to that as yet. I had tbought about it just not looked in to it. So that is a very good point and for thant one thank you.
Have fun

While i personally love an M1A, i would not lug it around hunting.
If you want to get the M1A then sell the freak'n Manbun! Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back