Toyota fans, izzit worth the $$?

Last edited:
No. The whole value of Toyota is reliability. And again, for the noobs, those were American ideas, G. Edwards Deming. Ford, etc., rejected his ideas for quality improvement so he went to Japan, who had no option. That was a while back, and American manufacturers have caught on.

But, if I want Toyota, I want full Toyota. And I resisted for a long time; Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Jeep. Got a T-100, and wow, 100K, just routine maintenance; that's odd. Dragged kicking and screaming, but I do respect data.

No. The whole value of Toyota is reliability. And again, for the noobs, those were American ideas, G. Edwards Deming. Ford, etc., rejected his ideas for quality improvement so he went to Japan, who had no option. That was a while back, and American manufacturers have caught on.

But, if I want Toyota, I want full Toyota. And I resisted for a long time; Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Jeep. Got a T-100, and wow, 100K, just routine maintenance; that's odd. Dragged kicking and screaming, but I do respect data.
Yeah they don’t ride the nicest even w coil overs, and they don’t win many races. But they get you there and usually without problems. Nice not to have a truck in the shop every other month.

After making fun of my brother being a Toyota fan boy for the last 5 years, I bought an 04 4runner about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully it works this way with mine!

That's a specialty rig. It's built to "Rock Crawl" which in my opinion makes it such a specialized function that it loses much in the general purpose capabilities needed for hunting. If you are buying it with the intent to rock crawl look into it more....if you are looking for a hunting rig I'd say, in my humble opinion, "move along".

That's a specialty rig. It's built to "Rock Crawl" which in my opinion makes it such a specialized function that it loses much in the general purpose capabilities needed for hunting. If you are buying it with the intent to rock crawl look into it more....if you are looking for a hunting rig I'd say, in my humble opinion, "move along".
Like I said, not much Toyota about it. mtmuley

Data says 'Yoter quality is declining in comparison to other manufacturers whose reliability has improved. But I'd want one older than 2017, preferably older than 2010.

David
NM

Not to derail, but I'm genuinely curious. What's with the Tacomas and Rangers that have oversized fenders, axle spacers, and 45" of suspension travel in the front only? Is it for easy unloading of strawberries and mangoes out of the bed? Making sure the oil pan fully drains during service?

My cousin is a former Toyota Tech, and still a member of tech forums on FB. Have to have a dealer code or something to join, and he sends me pics of the newer Toyotas. (2022+). Serious QC issues. He suggests older than 2020-2021, are still okay. I have had a few older Land Cruisers and Tacomas. Great trucks. Currently have a '17 Tundra with 95k. Runs perfect and I keep up on the maintenance. That rock crawler is not a "Toyota" . If you're expecting Toyota quality/reliability, that's not it. You'd be better off getting an older Tacoma or Toyota truck, spending a little extra to base line it and you'd have a much more reliable rig.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back