Towing Fees

If you only have liability that is probably not covered by insurance? Only asking because my favorite old pickup does not have full coverage.

Wish I could sell you my 2015 that I basically hate but I can’t afford a newer one with current costs. That bill seems nuts!

Charging for cleanup work they didn't do sounds like fraud, but what do I know.

My BIL has a sizeable towing, heavy towing, moving and recovery business in IN. I know he makes a lot of $$$$....but the hours of he and his workers, along with equipment costs/maintenance/facilities, insurance and equipment itself (especially) are pretty outrageous. When I was an LEO on the road I know that whenever we had a semi wreck the tow company that worked them surely fed and watered us good while we were doing traffic control ;)

My BIL has a sizeable towing, heavy towing, moving and recovery business in IN. I know he makes a lot of $$$$....but the hours of he and his workers, along with equipment costs/maintenance/facilities, insurance and equipment itself (especially) are pretty outrageous. When I was an LEO on the road I know that whenever we had a semi wreck the tow company that worked them surely fed and watered us good while we were doing traffic control ;)
No doubt a difficult and dangerous job in situations on bad icy roads at night. Not sure about that nearly 3 grand an hour price though.

If I had to guess I would bet that some tow truck companies have been held responsible for state fines on disposal or cleanup cost when a drivers insurance somehow got out of it because they had a pollution exclusion in the policy. Hopefully it’s a negotiating tactic with the insurance company. Good luck!

Was in billings yesterday and heard a hell of a stolen vehicle story, town is going downhill quick!
My dad had a work truck stole it had a LoJack on it they went and got it the next day guy left his wallet in it and bpd didn’t do anything

Back