Caribou Gear Tarp

Tough weekend

The warden was able to find the second guy today.
Some of the decoy low lights
I father and two boys spot the decoy near the road. They don't shoot from the road but use a hill to make a stalk. They pop up over the hill and the two boys fill the decoy full of holes. We had given them permission to hunt so they were not trespassing. To bad for them the only one with a tag was the father and he never took his rifle off his shoulder.
I guy shoots the decoy. He quickly informs the warden that he knows the landowner so he should not get a ticket. The warden replies " knowing the landowner may get you out of the trespassing charge but will not help with shooting from the pickup on the county road.
The wardens are just finishing writing one group tickets when they see another pickup approaching. In full view of the oncoming hunter the wardens drive back there hiding spot. To there surprise the guy stops and shoots the decoy. While writing tickets the wardens ask if the shooter if he saw them drive behind the hill. Yes the hunter replies, I thought you ran the buck out to me.

Wow! Lots of disappointment in these stories! I Spent 3 months last fall/winter hunting a buck that I found out later was shot by a poacher with a gun during bow season on my moms posted land. Found out right after that he shot a cow moose in her pasture as well. This happen in nd. There was just a article in the paper about all the poaching around this area and most people know who is involved. Hope someday these guys get their just reward.

Poaching is really getting out of hand, and it's going to continue until we get serious about penalties. Right now the fines end up being less than the going rate for a guided hunt a lot of times- what's not to love? And that's IF they get caught. Most of these guys just write a check and chalk it up to expenses. Mandatory jail time/lifetime loss of hunting privileges might help weed out the bad apples.

I get that accidents happen, but too many of these people are repeat offenders or commit really egregious violations that show a blatant disregard for landowners, the animals, and other people.

Hate to hear that you have to deal with that. But, kudos to you for taking the time to make sure you have all the information to get these folks ticketed.

This year was the first year we've had problems with trespassers on our place. Interestingly enough, they weren't hunting animals, but ginseng. And I think they may have been cooking/growing something just off our place that we haven't found yet.

I hate to hear any of this. I can't stand a trespasser/poacher.
Pointer, that's the problem here, you never know what they are doing (meth labs, etc are out of hand and can be very dangerous. . .for them if I catch them of course!!!) I usually only have problems in the spring with mushrooms hunters and turkey hunters. . .drives me crazy!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back