Caribou Gear Tarp

Torn Meniscus....Anyone?

I hope your wake up crutching to pea went better than mine the day after surgery.

I was still feeling good from the Norco and thought I could stand on my own. Bent over to lift the seat half asleep and fell into the wall. Good thing I hadn't started to pea yet. Lol It was a humble reminder to use my crutches like the Doc said.

Thanks Addicting,

I'll be following docs orders to a T for a change:D. I've got my dad going to ID with me, he just turned 60 and I'd love nothing more than to help get him his 1st elk. He's only hunted out west 1 other time. which was last year and we came home empty handed.

I'm sure your doc pounded infection protocol...very important. Best of luck with the rehab...you should be fine.

I hope your wake up crutching to pea went better than mine the day after surgery.

I was still feeling good from the Norco and thought I could stand on my own. Bent over to lift the seat half asleep and fell into the wall. Good thing I hadn't started to pea yet. Lol It was a humble reminder to use my crutches like the Doc said.

As funny as that is, its not funny. I dont have any crutches. Doc said he wasnt going to let me rely on them. Honestly, the worst part so far is how tight my calf muscle has become where it ties into the back of my knee. Actual knee pain is very minimal. So far i've just been working on ROM and controlling the swelling.

As funny as that is, its not funny. I dont have any crutches. Doc said he wasnt going to let me rely on them. Honestly, the worst part so far is how tight my calf muscle has become where it ties into the back of my knee. Actual knee pain is very minimal. So far i've just been working on ROM and controlling the swelling.

How's everyone's recovery going? Tore MCL, meniscus and partial tear of ACL skiing

Reading through stories both for sanity and info. I can skin an animal but when it comes to surgery I'm a wet noodle.

I had a torn meniscus 20 years ago. Doc said open surgery was one choice. They could stitch it up that way. 9 months of physical therapy and there was a chance I could be 100% good again. Other option was arthroscopic and just cut the torn piece out rather than stitching it up. A couple weeks of therapy and I’d be 95%. I opted for the latter. It is 95%. I just can’t walk on my hands and knees on hard surfaces or it hurts like the dickens. Other than that no problems. I am still glad I opted for cutting it out with arthro. I just wish my plantar fisciiatis would go away. Getting old sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamwhiskeyjungle
Back