Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Too friggen cold for the camera

smalls

Got out waterfowling for the first time of the year today, and the wind nearly blew our dekes to Great Falls. Had a great day taking 28 honks (7-man limit) 4 greenheads 2 pheasant and bonus snow goose.

The wind challenged us all day from causing birds to hang and hang and hang just out of range to blowing shell decoys across the field like beach balls. The pheasant didn't decoy but they did let us walk within 15 yds of them as they tried to hide in the fencerow.

At the end of the day the camera wouldn't work, I believe the cold sapped the batteries strength.

Smalls,

Good job whacking some birds.

Same thing happened to me on Saturday but by putting the battery inside my coat I was able to snap a pic of our goose hunt. Lots and lots of birds around.

PB301400.jpg

The week before I really froze up and so did the camera but again thawing out the battery coaxed enough life out of it to snap a pic.

PB241394.jpg

Nemont

Good work Nemo. Any quackers out your way this time of year? Isn't it about time for you to be setting the layout's on the edge of the ice? We're you lucky enough to use an edge hide on that honker hunt? Or was there just a bunch of weeds down the rows of corn you set your blinds up in? We had a heck of a time getting all of the blinds hid on the flat frozen field we hunted, cans of snow spray don't work so well when it's 0 degrees.

I'll be hunting a duck feed this weekend (the same field I got those late season photo's from last year) with the sole purpose of taking a bull sprig and a widgeon for the wall. It's nice for big game to be over so I can get back to something I am actually good at:cool:

Good work Nemo. Any quackers out your way this time of year? Isn't it about time for you to be setting the layout's on the edge of the ice? We're you lucky enough to use an edge hide on that honker hunt? Or was there just a bunch of weeds down the rows of corn you set your blinds up in? We had a heck of a time getting all of the blinds hid on the flat frozen field we hunted, cans of snow spray don't work so well when it's 0 degrees.

I'll be hunting a duck feed this weekend (the same field I got those late season photo's from last year) with the sole purpose of taking a bull sprig and a widgeon for the wall. It's nice for big game to be over so I can get back to something I am actually good at:cool:

We had an edge of a dike to get into in the cornfield. I wish were had snow here because it would be way easier to hide. We had to stubble up the blinds really good for the goose hunt in the middle of the wheat stubble. Still seeing lots of ducks working over the corn and pea fields while the geese seem to be hitting the wheat fields now.

Nemont

NICE! Pics! I'm going out to shoot at some waterfowl tomorrow. Killing involves hitting them and I'm none too good at that... ;)

Back