Todays story

snite66

So, for today, I decided to go back to the place I had such good luck. Best day I have had so far 50 degree weather not a cloud in the sky sun breaks early and the birds are gobbling just to hear themselves. I am lovin it!! every time I hit any call I want to I have four birds ringing, and they are getting closer. They are comming in a lot slower than my bird did the day before, but they are gobbling up a storm so who cares. All of the sudden they quit talking, and I am thinking I did something wrong. Then after about ten minutes I see a coyote comming out from my right sneaking right at my decoys. He could not believe these turkeys were not running away and he started to get faster I drew on him and he never saw me. Just as he was going to jump on my jake decoy I shot him, and he did a back flip and lay dead were he fell. Another good hunt ruined by a yote, but at least he wont do it to anyone else:)

Here is a pic of where he was lying right after the shot:D

Attachments

• coyote.jpg
    coyote.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 385
Nice. Hope your left alone now when you call in that next turkey.

GREAT!!! Only good one is a dead one!!
Done that a couple times my self and once snow goose hunting....wonder what ol Wiley's last thoughts were???
Damn near got a bobcat once but he was sneaking in from behind me and saw me swing the shotgun to kill him

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back