to scope or not to your DGR

csutton7

would you scope your Dangerous Game Rifle (DGR) or not--now this gun would be shot in most instances between 0-50 yds/meters and possibly out to 100 yds/meters??

I'm talking about hunting the Big 5 and nothing else--chris

Am sure you've considered see thru mounts or low power 20mm objective end copes. What do the Africa guys say?

eventhough on a subconscious level I'm seeking info--this thread is more of what you would do-

I'm a no go on the see thru mounts, but like the idea of QD's--chris

1.5x5x20 w/ Quick Detach...for less than 50 yds and moving would think iron sights better.

IMO, I would use open sights only for back up. I'd get a nice low powered scope and use it. The odds of you haveing to sort something out are about nill, thats why you have a PH by your side pack'n the heater. Your primary responsibility is to put that first shot in the money with sergical persision. If you're more comfortable doing so with open sights out to ranges where you'll likely encounter game then by all means go for it. Me personally, I know for a fact that I can shoot better with a scope in the 50-100 yard range. I would however have a set of QD type mounts incase you whack your scope hard, you'll still be in the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back