PEAX Equipment

To Grip and Grin or not to Grip and Grin

Zach
I would wager, at least in the west (Excluding CA) that most commissioners either hunt or fish or have held a license in the past.

Grizz,
I'm 110% with you. Well said.

Ben,
I'll follow up on the CO commission when I have time. Wonder how many hunt public? I'm wagering not many given the recent changes in tag allotments.

jryoung,
I knew about Dan Richards and that whole Mt. Lion fiasco the libs created. What a joke. Look at that commission now.

Attachments

• PhotoShare(1).jpg
    PhotoShare(1).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 119
To be fair, you can still support hunting and not be supportive of lead ammo. I know several life-long sportsmen & women who refuse to shoot lead in anything. Perhaps a better litmus test is if they understand the Public Trust Doctrine and they support the public ownership of wildlife.

JR - We've got room for you and yours in the Treasure State. It's not like you're building a house or anything. ;)

To be fair, you can still support hunting and not be supportive of lead ammo. I know several life-long sportsmen & women who refuse to shoot lead in anything. Perhaps a better litmus test is if they understand the Public Trust Doctrine and they support the public ownership of wildlife.

JR - We've got room for you and yours in the Treasure State. It's not like you're building a house or anything. ;)

This is off topic, but do you think the lead ammo ban was scientific out there or purely political? There seems to be a huge conflict of interest.

BTW, I think to get back on topic, the picture posted of Dan Richards holding his mntn lion(which is typical of a lot of pics I see) is the one that got him noticed. Along with a few pro-hunting articles. CA is a mess when it comes to being PC. You have a commissioner basically ousted because he, GASP, killed an animal legally. What a tragedy.

Can I stay in your camper?

Sure. You can park yours next to it and have a double wide. The hole's already there in mine. All we need is a welder and some tin snips.

Zach - The move to ban lead ammo at the legislative level is purely political, just like the move to legislatively ban the MT F&W Commission from regulating it was political.

I support using the science to dictate whether or not we should eliminate lead, and in specific areas, I think it's justified. Blanket bans are ridiculous and do not represent a scientific approach to wildlife management.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back