Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tikka T3X/Bell and Carlson Stock

Kearnsie14

I recently bought a Tikka T3X in .30-06 and didn’t like the feel of the factory stock. I bought a Bell and Carlson stock and attempted to swap out the factory stock for it. It fit fine but I found that when I attempted to re-attach the bottom metal the Tikka factory screws were too short and wouldn’t catch the threads. Obviously no issues on screw length with the factory stock. I called B&C and after some discussion they simply said that this sometimes happens on rare occasions and that I should call Tikka, presumably to see if they can give me longer screws. Has anybody run into this issue? I tried the search function and didn’t see anything on point. Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Be sure that you don’t have the stock resting on top of the goofy little recoil bar built into the stock - very easy to do and not know. Also, if using plastic original trigger guard make sure the little plastic alignment spike on the front isn’t proud with the b&c inlet. Just snap it off and sand it down if it is.

I did end up with screws that could only catch 2 threads a while back when I combined b&c stock with mountain tactical bottom metal (tolerance stacking). After poking around I did find some black hardened matching thread bolts longer than I needed and ground them to fit. A pain, but it worked perfectly.

Be sure that you don’t have the stock resting on top of the goofy little recoil bar built into the stock - very easy to do and not know. Also, if using plastic original trigger guard make sure the little plastic alignment spike on the front isn’t proud with the b&c inlet. Just snap it off and sand it down if it is.

I did end up with screws that could only catch 2 threads a while back when I combined b&c stock with mountain tactical bottom metal (tolerance stacking). After poking around I did find some black hardened matching thread bolts longer than I needed and ground them to fit. A pain, but it worked perfectly.

Yes, I noticed that plastic mold spike too. I cut that off with some nail cutters and sanded that down. That’s good advice regarding the screws. I’ll probably just look around to see if I can find longer matching screws anywhere. Thanks!

I had the same experience, but for me, breaking off the little spike fixed it.

Back