Tikka t3?

I'm looking to get my wife a 7-08 and have heard some good things about the tikka t3. Does anyone own one and how do they shoot? I want a lightweight rifle with exceptional accuracy. I know the tikka has a sub MOA gaurantee, is there any other rifles that may be more accurate?

For the money I don't think you can go wrong with the Tikka. I have never seen one that didn't shoot lights out.

I own one in 338 win mag and it's definitely sub moa
march2014202_zps8f59bc33.jpg

I have a T3 in 300WSM, and it was cutting holes right out of the box. Trigger is crisp, only down side is recoil. They are extremely lightweight, which is great in the mountains but hard on the shoulder. Magazines are a little pricey for them too. Overall I love it, have mine mounted with a Nikon Prostaff 4x12 BDC.

I have in in .30-06. It is sub moa for sure with Hornady Superformance ammo. As was mentioned, the recoil is definitely there due to the light weight. I have mine topped with a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 with the ballistic reticle.

I would definitely recommend it. I'd like to get a couple more in various calibers.

I have one in 7mm Rem, and it was definately a shooter right out of the box, but was a little rough on the shoulder. I changed the stock out to a B&C Medalist, and that made it much more comfortable to shoot, and only added a couple of ounces.

Highly recommend.

One annoying thing about them is that they only make one length action. A big selling point for me on short action calibers is the shorter action, which you won't get with the tikka.

It kind of made sense for them to save money by doing this, but now you see other companies offering guns at half the price with multiple action lengths and it's kind of a head scratcher.

One annoying thing about them is that they only make one length action. A big selling point for me on short action calibers is the shorter action, which you won't get with the tikka.

It kind of made sense for them to save money by doing this, but now you see other companies offering guns at half the price with multiple action lengths and it's kind of a head scratcher.

I meant to mention this. Despite this fact even their LAs are lighter than alot of SAs.

I have a 300 asm that shoots well but I hate the plastic on it. It is a serious bother to me haha. Overall great rifle for the money. Sub MOA with reloads shouldn't be an issue.

I've a Tikka T3 lite in 22-250. It's sub-mao with cheap factory rounds and my handloads.

Love it.

Check out the Howa line as well. Good rifles at decent prices and they sponsor Randy's show.

I own a few calibers of the tikka line and they all are shooters. I've replaced all the recoil pads. Tikka barrels are a 3 shot guarantee, could bump up to the sako a7 for the 5 shot and a few other features. More coin though. Perhaps a ruger compact, browning micro, or rem 7; tikka will out shoot these. I suggest the others for there small dimensions, less weight, but mostly because women usually fit these shorter lops better.

I just can't warm up to the Plastikka rifles. I used to think I wanted one, then I picked one up. Game over. mtmuley

Saki A7, I've researched those too they look pretty nice. I saw a used kimber for 899 but not sure about buying used. I don't mind plastic, it seems like it's only the magazine and the trigger guard, wood stock is decent.

Must used rifles are hardly used, great way to save money for optics. If the exterior of the gun is well kept, that is pretty telling of the bore. As for accuracy, is essentially the same gamble as buying new. If the dealer is quality, they will likely offer a short grace period to ensure they retain your business. The wooden stock, the hunter, will weigh a bit more if that matters. Kimber mt is light but their accuracy is a bit sketchy. For lightweight and durable I rock the t3 stainless, but again would look at stepping g up to the a7.

I bought a Ruger American in 7mm-08 for my 13yo granddaughter. Very light and comfortable. Fits well and she loves it. Has no problem with recoil as it comes with a good recoil pad. For just over $300 you can't go wrong. Have only used factory ammo so far and accuracy at 100yd is great. A nickle will cover 3 shots.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back