Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Tikka T3 Lite SS with a B & C upgrade?

HighDesertSage

I'm seriously considering upgrading my Tikka T3 Lite SS in 270 win to a B&C Stock. I'm looking at this model: http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1092

Would love to get some thoughts from others that have made this upgrade. Was the purchase worth it? Any reduced recoil noticed? Tighter groups? Anything you are willing to share. If anyone has any pics they are willing to share that would be very helpful for me with color selection.

As always, Thanks.

I built a 7 wsm on a Bell and Carlson and really like it. I feel that the aluminum bedding block has been a huge factor in accuracy. The gunsmith who did mine said the material used in the stocks is insanely tough which is a good thing. I can't address recoil because I didn't know beforehand but everyone who shoots my gun usually comments on how little it kicked. I could only see it being an upgrade to be honest.

I have B&C stocks on my Tikkas (and a Rem 700). A very wise and good upgrade. Money well spent.

There is a Tikka T3 270 with the B&C in the classifieds you could take a look to view the sexiness.

I've got a Sako A7 in a B&C. It's tan with black web, pic attached. My only complaint about the stock is that I find the grip/palm swell area too a little too wide.

20171214_165538.jpg

Have that same color on a Tikka 223. I can see the palm swell being a bit to thick for those with small hands.

I have B&C stocks on my Tikkas (and a Rem 700). A very wise and good upgrade. Money well spent.

There is a Tikka T3 270 with the B&C in the classifieds you could take a look to view the sexiness.

I saw that one. I actually asked to buy just the stock :D. I definitely like the olive.

Put that same stock on my Tikka 270 with an inch longer length of pull which really helped. Can’t tell any difference in felt recoil or accuracy but it sure looks better. It did add a little weight to the gun though.

Prices always seem to be right around $270-275 regardless of where you purchase. Might be MAP priced.

I have a B&C on my Tikka T3 Superlite 300WM, I like that it added some weight to the rifle but still kicks like a mule. Only downfall I have is that the pistol grip seems too be too large for my grip compared to the standard Tikka factory stock.

I put that stock on my Tikka 300 mag. It added a little weight & subjectively recoil seems somewhat improved. It’s still a light weight 300 so it will kick. I like the stock, the action just dropped in. The stock is well textured to me & helps a good amount when the stock gets wet

Go to the "Stockys" website. I find its one of the best for a lot of brands and they are super helpful with options. My stock is the Alaska Wilderness B&C

I did the same thing you're talking about with my Tikka. I definitely like the look better and it just feels like a much better quality stock. Mine is a .300 and still kicks like a SOB but it might be a little bit of reduced recoil. Also, I've got a gun bearer, opposed to a sling for carrying it and it rubs on the waist belt a bit and is wearing the finish off the stock a little bit. I'll post a pic or 2 later when I have some time.

Stockysstock is good but redhawkrifles was the go to place for B&C stocks but they no longer sell them. Message on their homepage states "We no longer carrier B&C .......... beyond our control". Interesting.

I prefer the factory t3 stock to the B&C stocks I've had, though the B&C's were for 700's.

Back