Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tikka and Sako

Brian in Montana

A guy in Murdoch's told me this morning that Sako and Tikka are planning to stop distributing in the US soon. Anybody hear of this? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me and I'm therefore not sure I believe. I'd think the US would probably be far and away their biggest market.

Sounds like a good reason to go buy one of each before they stop shipping :rolleyes:

I find that hard to believe, but I guess who knows anymore. You figure the United States would be their largest market.

I'm going to say no. There's no way he's the first to know, and the all mighty google knows nothing of the sort.

I've always found it a bit odd that Murdoch's sells guns. I'm gonna go pick up some over-priced ranch equipment, some toys for the kids, a new pair of jeans and a rifle?

Not knocking a gun purchase there, and I have gone through the gun rack portion of the Missoula store. But still strikes me as odd.

I've always found it a bit odd that Murdoch's sells guns. I'm gonna go pick up some over-priced ranch equipment, some toys for the kids, a new pair of jeans and a rifle?

Not knocking a gun purchase there, and I have gone through the gun rack portion of the Missoula store. But still strikes me as odd.

More odd than Wal-Mart selling firearms? mtmuley

not all that strange...try "The Fort" in Big Timber. Stop in for some gas, a breakfast burrito, a nice painting, a six pack of beer, a stuffed animal, a bottle of jack, and a rifle...oh, and if you drive one of them hippy Elon Musk electric cars, they got a charging station for you too!

Last edited:
Maybe I need to clarify, since I bought my first gun in a coast-to-coast in eastern mt in the 1980's.

Murdoch's/ tractor supply didn't sell guns that I can remember. I was surprised when I saw the counter a few years ago.

Don't have anything against it. Just off to me

And I have been a sako fan since I cut my teeth on my Dad's Forester. Didn't mean to hijack or offend.

Almost all the farm stores in my area in the last 10 years jumped on the firearm sales bandwagon. Record sales of firearms (AR craze and Obama) fueled most of the growth I would guess.

As for the Tikka/Sako not distributing in the US; Beretta is the importer of these firearms; perhaps there is a change there.

not all that strange...try "The Fort" in Big Timber. Stop in for some gas, a breakfast burrito, a nice painting, a six pack of beer, a stuffed animal, a bottle of jack, and a rifle...oh, and if you drive one of them hippy Elon Musk electric cars, they got a charging station for you too!

A modern oasis without all of the odd ball crazy revelers one would encounter in wally world. The firearms/sportsmen section takes up about 1/3 of the store. Its not an after thought or a 'mee too' addition like some of the the other places.
I view it as a gun store that happens to sell gas and a few amenities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back