Caribou Gear

Tics not Tik Toc

Please provide direction to "decent evidence"

Https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/198...duced and used,, fenvalerate, cyfluthrin, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have problems with Lyme's and alpha gal syndrome here. I understand keeping doxycycline to use in event of tick bite is effective for Lyme's. Alpha gal is another story.

After spraying clothes with permethrin, I like to hit my boots and pants with off before I head out, I also tuck in clothes, wear gaiters and long sleeves, ect… this seems to help

ttps://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19896529/#:~:text=Pyrethroid%20pesticides%2C%20produced%20and%20used,%2C%20fenvalerate%2C%20cyfluthrin%2C%20etc.

This is why I only use Thanos Brand Permetherin.

Thanos, cutting the populace in half right in the baby makers.

I harvested a MT turkey on opening day. When I returned home, I had at least 20 tics on me with one burrowing into my side. Bringing tics home that spread to other family members is making life difficult as a hunting enthusiast. Sitka has the Equinox Insect Repellent that advertises its ability to ward off such insects. Does this work? What other methods are proven success stories? After hunting, Do I take off all my hunting close to in a garbage sack, while traveling home? I’m at a lost.
Sitka repellent? Close? WTF did I just read?

Like @Fudd I have always been very hesitant about permethrin, though fertility is not a concern anymore.

My late friend Bob once pointed out that ticks in the area I live love quartz monzonite, and it’s true. A short hike west of Clancy or Jefferson City in the spring will yield a dozen in 20 minutes on the landscape.

I usually just pick any I find off of me ASAP, but I have also developed some tactics to avoid them:

1. Male pattern baldness. 18 of the last 20 years, my melon has been shorn, reducing the amount of secure habitat on my carcass.

2. An unappealing lather. Regardless of temperature, a short while into a hike. I am fairly gross, and even ticks have a threshold.

3. Adjust the viscosity of that which they seek. I typically Utilize gravy to do this, but you could really utilize any sort of byproduct of animal fat. It’s just too thick for em. This is a careful balance, as the consideration of stroke risk increases if you’re not careful.

Like @Fudd I have always been very hesitant about permethrin, though fertility is not a concern anymore.

My late friend Bob once pointed out that ticks in the area I live love quartz monzonite, and it’s true. A short hike west of Clancy or Jefferson City in the spring will yield a dozen in 20 minutes on the landscape.

I usually just pick any I find off of me ASAP, but I have also developed some tactics to avoid them:

1. Male pattern baldness. 18 of the last 20 years, my melon has been shorn, reducing the amount of secure habitat on my carcass.

2. An unappealing lather. Regardless of temperature, a short while into a hike. I am fairly gross, and even ticks have a threshold.

3. Adjust the viscosity of that which they seek. I typically Utilize gravy to do this, but you could really utilize any sort of byproduct of animal fat. It’s just too thick for em. This is a careful balance, as the consideration of stroke risk increases if you’re not careful.

Attachments

• A32C4E87-E180-4F80-B35C-D4553FB10B0A.jpeg
    A32C4E87-E180-4F80-B35C-D4553FB10B0A.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
I harvested a MT turkey on opening day. When I returned home, I had at least 20 tics on me with one burrowing into my side. Bringing tics home that spread to other family members is making life difficult as a hunting enthusiast. Sitka has the Equinox Insect Repellent that advertises its ability to ward off such insects. Does this work? What other methods are proven success stories? After hunting, Do I take off all my hunting close to in a garbage sack, while traveling home? I’m at a lost.
I had a similar experience after my first time turkey hunting in Virginia. I am a firm believer of permethrin treated clothing. This brand has worked well for me.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back