Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Thursday is the day...

powderburn

It's been an absolute lousy year. Father-inlaw with demesia stuck in the senior care center, looking after him and my mother 100 miles away, 30 miles from the care center out in the country at her house. 18,000 klm on the truck since April just keeping everything in line. Mother-inlaw with mild seizures every couple hours at least she lives a couple blocks away and we see to her needs daily. Took this week off work to get my kids out and my second last uncle dies and it's a funeral on Wednesday.
WTF Thursday we're going come hell or high water and I'll post the pics.

I have three small WT bucks out back of the house that you're welcome to, if that will help ya any...

Seriously. I'm in there with ya. There's been a TON of shit hittin' the fan around my neighborhood too. Hang in there buddy. Prayers sent your way....if they can penetrate the crap cloud around here !!!

Dealing with this stuff comes with the territory when your the stable one of the group of kids. [If I'm the stable one were all in trouble] Married into a family of 8 kids, my wife, 1 sister-inlaw and myself look after the mother-inlaw. I've got 1 brother, 2 sisters, 1 step sister and 2 step brothers and no help from any of them. As a matter of fact my step brothers and sister have not visited or called to see how their own father is doing since the day I phoned them [April 1st] to tell them their father was in the hospital.

BigHornRam I'll have 1 kid with me along with an old friend [Capt'n Kill] who I've hunted with many times over the years. We have 1 day to fill 5 tags 3 Whitetail and 2 Mule deer which is on draw for us here. We'll start the day at sun up in an area we've hunted for years and by 9:30 my whitetail season is over tagged or not. From there it's a half hour drive to the river breaks that we'll spot and staulk mule deer again on a 2 mile stretch of the belly river that we've hunted for years. If all goes well we might try for a late day bull Elk for my friend but thats another 45 minute drive west of where we'll be. I'm not holding my breath but I may be getting Friday morning now also. If not I still live through the may stories and pics posted here.

Best of luck with the tribulations PB...happy thanksgiving from south of the border.

Good luck, My father in-law also had that and he was 6'5" so we ended up having to put him in a home also.. Hand in there... olefish

BigHornRam I don't know if I beat your mulie but these are the ones we passed up [Alberta dink deer]. Along with a couple whitetail. One whitetail had an arrow struck in its shoulder, no infection and real clean wound except for a little blood it didn't effect his pursuit of the ladies. Ended up only 3 of use going but this was a good day all around.
buck3-2.jpg

brian2-1.jpg

buck-2.jpg

brett1-1.jpg

arrow1.jpg

Nice job on a one dayer. Way cool to kill that deer with an arrow in it already, plus your buck looks like a big massive stud. Does he have a messed up eye on one side?

thanks mtmiller, I thrive on family and we take it as it comes. Yesterday [Wednesday] we buried my second last uncle. Another of the old time hunters so today was a reflective hunt and a very enjoyable one.
TheTone thats not my buck with the screwed up eye, thats an long time hunting partners [ known as Cap't Kill ]. I was going to tease BigHornRam and hold out with my buck pic but what the heck here's my first 30"er. 3x3 that had a broken tine he should have been a 3x4.
bruce1.jpg

My bad, Cap't Kill did well also then. Good looking mulie. He reminds me of the deer I grew up hunting, big wide frames with very little in the way of points.

Here's a picture that shows the path of the arrow. Looks like a front on shot that just missed and lodged in the shoulder. It was right on the shoulder bone and the broadhead was just under the hide. We might do up the mount and place the broken arrow in it at the angle it was shot at.
arrow2.jpg

Back