Caribou Gear

Thoughts on Wolves?

"For the record, a majority of the people from Wyoming that responded to the Wolf reintroduction plan were in FAVOR of wolf reintroduction. Apparently they thought wolves were "whats right for Wyoming"."

For the record Buzz, the majority of respondents from Wyoming were in favor of wolf reintroduction into YELLOWSTONE PARK....not all of Wyoming. Slight difference. Also the the majority of Americans were in favor of invading Iraq. Back in the dam building days, the majority of Americans were in favor of building dams. Both are issues you like to whine about constantly.

BHR,

Did you read the wolf EIS? If you did, you must have forgot to read the map on the RECOVERY AREA. The recovery area, described in great detail in the document, clearly had boundaries way out of Yellowstone Park.

Educate yourself.

Also, can you provide a copy of the EIS's to prove that a majority of Americans were in favor of building dams in the "dam building days". How about a poll or two? Any proof at all?

Thanks in advance.

Buzz,

Because a group of zealous activists take the time to write letters in support of their favorite cause, doesn't mean that the majority support their view point. Did Governor Schweitzer respond to you yet in reguards to your letter to him concerning dam breaching? I'm sure he get's a lot of letters from nut jobs concerning this or that. The 80% in the middle are too busy working for a living to write letters pushing for pie in the sky.

Look at Ithaca and how happy he was when he found out sage grouse were dieing from West Nile virus. Does he really give a shit about the bird, or is he more interested in the "rewards" of having them listed? Based on your mention of the sage grouse a few posts back, I can see your both on the same page when it comes to using the endangered speices act as a tool. You don't have to read many of either one of you two's responses to "get it".

sage grouse are not endangered here i'll show you large populations everywhere around here.
but if you wont to list them for peta go ahead they are not tasty anyhow but don't mess with blue grouse they are better than turkey.
both you guys need to go to peta's web sight you are on the same band wagon.and are doing them and a.l.f. a great service.
make sure that if you do list them send usfws the bills.

70,000 out of 250 million people looks to me like you only got answers from activests. the ones pushing this crap are bound to make that much noise.
how many of that 70,000 were redundent from the same group.
animal activests have a agenda and they are beating us by the normal people standing on the sidelines i don't belive in politacal polls because activists control them and i don't put much faith in yours either peta could send 70,000 by them self. you are woking with .0028% of the population for your numbers.
best let you know i rounded the population down so that figure is high.
the population as of the last count was 298,776,323.
70,000 is a minisqul portion of the population
who's to say the polster wasn't a activist himself and only counted the pro wolf .
shoot a griz in self defence and it would make a murder trial look like a cake walk.

cmiddleton said:
70,000 out of 250 million people looks to me like you only got answers from activests. the ones pushing this crap are bound to make that much noise.
how many of that 70,000 were redundent from the same group.
animal activests have a agenda and they are beating us by the normal people standing on the sidelines i don't belive in politacal polls because activists control them and i don't put much faith in yours either peta could send 70,000 by them self. you are woking with .0028% of the population for your numbers.
best let you know i rounded the population down so that figure is high.
the population as of the last count was 298,776,323.
70,000 is a minisqul portion of the population
who's to say the polster wasn't a activist himself and only counted the pro wolf .
shoot a griz in self defence and it would make a murder trial look like a cake walk.
Great arguement middleton. I suck at math, could you get me figures for the 2,000 also? Does the door swing both ways?:rolleyes: Your thought process entertains me, please continue.

You also compared self-defense griz killings with a murder trial. Do you happen to have an example of anything close to this? Of course you can't. If you are going to continue to debate these guys at least have some supporting data. Right now you are looking more and more like a...well never mind, I think it is pretty obvious. You may have support on this issues from others on the board, but I think they are even beginning to think they would like better representation.:rolleyes:

Who exactly makes your peta group here? Even your name calling is becoming a joke. I think the fellas you are referring to have mentioned several time they would like to see the wolf and griz delisted and hunting used as a tool to manage both. Doesn't sound too PETA-like to me, but you still have so much to teach me wise one.

Glad the sage-grouse are doing well where you live and you are correct, they are not endangered. Just so you know, the view from your barstool doesn't sum up the status of sage-grouse range wide.

cmiddleton, Miller is too nice and spends too much time typing to you. Pull your head out of your ass. And quit typing, it makes you look like a dunce. We can only hope you are smarter than you appear.

Have any of you read...

"Never Cry Wolf" by Farley Mowatt? I happened to pick up a copy a few months ago (and well before reading this thread) and found it quite informative. I'm not saying I believe everything he wrote, but still..informative.

Middleton,

Take greenhorns advice...its good.

Just so you understand where the 72,000 comments came from...it was NOT a poll. Its the number of written comments received by the USFWS in response to the wolf reintroduction Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).

Of those 72,000 written comments 70,000 favored wolf reintroduction...2000 didnt.

Keep posting...it really illustrates exactly why a "collage" education is so important....

View Poll Results: Do you think they should have brought back the wolves
YES 12 32.43%
NO 25 67.57%
Voters: 37. You have already voted on this poll

Is that what someone said or do you have all the info?????
sometimes What you hear on the street is better info then what you get from the news they are one sided.
BuzzH said:
Middleton,

Take greenhorns advice...its good.

Just so you understand where the 72,000 comments came from...it was NOT a poll. Its the number of written comments received by the USFWS in response to the wolf reintroduction Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).

Of those 72,000 written comments 70,000 favored wolf reintroduction...2000 didnt.

Keep posting...it really illustrates exactly why a "collage" education is so important....

Yeah you guys, just quit voicing your opinions. Gosh, if you dont have at least a doctorate in wildlife biology, please do not post any more comments. Buzz and Co.'s extreme intellect cannot handle reading anything that does not equal their own genius.... come on, haven't you learned by now....Buzz and Co. know everything about every subject. Never question them or argue with them....they are ALWAYS right!! And the rest of you are ALWAYS wrong!!

Come on, some of you need to get over yourselves.

Tuffbucker said:
Yeah you guys, just quit voicing your opinions. Gosh, if you dont have at least a doctorate in wildlife biology, please do not post any more comments. Buzz and Co.'s extreme intellect cannot handle reading anything that does not equal their own genius.... come on, haven't you learned by now....Buzz and Co. know everything about every subject. Never question them or argue with them....they are ALWAYS right!! And the rest of you are ALWAYS wrong!!

Come on, some of you need to get over yourselves.

....very well put. :cool:

time will tell who is right or wrong but in 20 yrs i bet even the buzz & co are wishing they never opened this can of worms.
tell then stick to your guns wyo!!!!
the anti gun crowd will win again because us sportsmen would rather back down than fight. if all hunters would send in a letter supporting wyomings plan we would win in the end.
mule deer here are having a ruff time with the other predators and the range conditions so lets introduce something to make it ruffer.
we'll be changing the name of this site to monster wolves.
when the going gets to tuff join buzz.

dunce-775122.jpg

Tuff,

It shouldnt come as any surprise that people like middleton and YOU look like idiots in any serious discussion involving wildlife management, politics, hunting, etc. You dont provide any proof to any arguments, no science, no nothing...just a bunch of red-neck hillbilly non-sense.

Look at middletons post, blaming low mule deer numbers on wolves...Greenhorn has it right...what a dunce. Doesnt take much of an arguement to make someone like that look like the fool he is...

Your post is another example of how easy it is to see how stupid you are.

Do you both have dunce caps or do you share one?

Back