Caribou Gear

Thoughts on Kuiu products (clothing)?

Looking for a durable lightweight hooded synthetic shirt and was thinking juju (thanks iPhone I give up after 3 tries) peloton 97 or 200. I can’t really tell the difference between these two... Or should I consider something else from Fl or Sitka
Does anyone have an answer to this question? I am also interested in a layer under the p240.

Does anyone have an answer to this question? I am also interested in a layer under the p240.
The 97 is way lighter than the 200. They really aren't comparable. I prefer the 97 in the early seasons and when I'm hiking a lot. I use the 200 under a rain jacket usually as it's a nice warm layer and combined with the rain jacket is wind/waterproof.

Been using Kuiu for a long time now. About the most comfortable clothing I’ve worn especially in their hot weather line.
Sizing can be a little issue but I usually just size up 1 size from my normal clothing and it’s worked so far.
Attack pants are hands down one of their best pieces of gear!

The 97 is way lighter than the 200. They really aren't comparable. I prefer the 97 in the early seasons and when I'm hiking a lot. I use the 200 under a rain jacket usually as it's a nice warm layer and combined with the rain jacket is wind/waterproof.
Thanks for this. Their website uses similar words to describe them so I couldn’t tell. Gonna try 97 first I think.

Had one pair of KUIU attack pants that KUIU replaced after they pilled up like crazy after one hunt. The pair they replaced them with has held up really well so I assume it was a fluke and KUIU took care of me.

I also have a Super Down Pro hooded puffy that is really warm for glassing in late seasons. I wouldn’t say it’s battle tested since I am pretty careful with it considering how much it cost.

It seems like KUIU has marketed towards avid sheep hunters and that’s a few economic classes away from my reality.

I really love the FL Aerowool base layers. Haven’t tried any other FL stuff yet but hope to get a pair of their light merino pants and maybe try their lighter puffy coat as well.

It is essentially the weight of the material. 200 is heavier than 97 and therefore warmer. I've used both under the 240 depending on the temp.

attack pants might be the best all around hunting pant ever....unless its really hot.
I swear by the attack pants. I own 3 pairs. Hunt CA August thru October. 100 degrees down to 35-40. I’ve also worn them on a Whitetail hunt in Arkansas mid November. 25 degrees with a pair of Costco 32 degrees was comfortable

Hm.
Guess that's out the window.
I’m 5’10 200 lbs. XL in everything fits great. Guide Jacket and Vest, Tiburon Hybrid zip tee, Peloton 97 all XL and fit great. I did have to get the Merino 125 long sleeve in Large because the Merino line fits long.

I’m 5’10 200 lbs. XL in everything fits great. Guide Jacket and Vest, Tiburon Hybrid zip tee, Peloton 97 all XL and fit great. I did have to get the Merino 125 long sleeve in Large because the Merino line fits long.
Boy I haven't been 200 pounds in a LONG time 😂

Overall, there's a lot better stuff out there for less money, especially when you look at brands not dedicated to hunting specific clothing. Except the zip-off base layer pants! Those things are awesome! Buy 2 pair.

It’s Ford/Chevy in clothing. I use Sitka, my boys use Kuiu. Technology is the reason for me, more than the pattern, but you can’t argue the blend of my boys in their Kuiu looking for turkeys…

65D4D189-A5D1-441C-9AAF-062C378136A7.jpeg

Love their stuff. Just bought more at the Utah hunt expo today. I have a slight addiction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back