Thoughts of something different

Gunner46

I'm at the age, and attitude, that it's not so much the Wham, but more so the Grace.

Any 28 Ga. guys out there ?

I'm thinking a O/U with a 26-28" barrel for my next BD present to me.

Ohio small game. Bushtails, bunnies, maybe a pheasant and ruffed grouse. (Teal, Woodies)

And YES I do have a ready source of shells.

I've seen a couple for under $500.

Thoughts ?

I've a few friends who are very proficient with clays..they upland with 28 O/U's only. Looks fun and forgiving to me.

28's have the most consistent pattern. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one at all.

My grandpa had a 28/.410 over-under but it disappeared when he passed away...no doubt one of the lowlife cousins walked out with it. It was a really nice gun. I think it was a Beretta and it was all he ever bird or squirrel hunted with.

Had a Tristar 28ga O/U 28" some years ago. I loved it for the light weight and it fit me well. I had an issue with the firing pins giving light hits and the gun not firing. Even after being worked on by a gunsmith the problem persisted every so often. I probably should have sent it back for warranty repair, but one thing lead to another and I ended up selling it in order to buying something else. I feel that cheap O/U's are often prone to have issues. I vowed that I would get a nice 28ga O/U some day, but that day has yet to come, although the wife is beginning to budge a bit on my constant begging. I never had a problem finding ammo except for the high price and limited selection at most stores. My next O/U will be $1500+ but if I was going for something less expensive I would probably go with a CZ or those new Stevens 555 looks nice.

I have 3 including the tube set in my competition skeet gun. My favorite for most everything. All I do is change from #9's to 7.5's in the shot tower of my Hornady 366 to go from Target to bird shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back