This old '06

Dang. The 166 Hammer in the .06 with a 26 inch barrel is nasty. mtmuley

To be honest, the 150gr federal powershoks are giving me great accuracy and kill just as good as anything else. They are cheap and I dont need to waste time reloading. It's a win,win.

To be honest, the 150gr federal powershoks are giving me great accuracy and kill just as good as anything else. They are cheap and I dont need to waste time reloading. It's a win,win.
Understood. But, handloading isn't what I would describe as a "waste of time". mtmuley

Understood. But, handloading isn't what I would describe as a "waste of time". mtmuley

Maybe to some. If I had a caliber that ammo was expensive, then maybe. And I don't shoot enough for it to be financially beneficial. Thus I choose to not reload. It would be a waste of my time, I am not saying that all reloading is a waste of time. But that's why I choose the calibers I do for hunting. If they work and the ammo is cheap, it's a caliber that I like.

Got one of those surplus sale guns in 1963 for 30 dollars. Dad picked them from a counter. All where new in pieces wrapped in paper. We got 2 Match grades with noise reducers on barrels and Monte Carlo stocks. Shot 110gr Serra Hollow point hand loads out of them. Still have mine with Redfield scope on it.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back