The "SHEEP" game..........

Moosie

Grand poopa
Who play it ? You know the one. Put in for all the states ?

I'm thinking about entering it. am i jsut wasting my time and tieing up more money then I have ? I'm guessing to play it right I need to hit all the states. I'm wondering if someone has a list of states that offer sheep (Besides Texas) and what the costs are.

I'm playing this year. I found 10 states you could apply to, not counting Idaho. I'm planning to apply to six states, adding more next year. I'll drop about $500 if I don't draw. Mucho more if I do. My wife is nervous that I'll draw several tags at once (I do have good luck with tags). I hope she's right!

I'm guessing if you would draw 2 tags.. not only would you get struck by lightning... but someone would Kick your A$$ :D :D

10 states huh ? Interesting.........

Oscar, we had a guy(NR) draw a decent tag here in AZ on his very first try. Every year there are guys who draw good sheep tags in AZ with very few points. Obviously it's a long shot but you won't draw if you don't apply.

I'm guessing if you would draw 2 tags.. not only would you get struck by lightning... but someone would Kick your A$$ :D :D

10 states huh ? Interesting.........

AZ
CA
CO
MT
NV
NM
OR
UT
WA
WY

There may be more states but I can't afford all of these so why look.

AZ $141 plus 7 for PP or 1000 for tag up front
CO ...1500? up front no PP only option
MT 20 plus 800 upfront
NV 150 plus 15. 1000 if drawn
NM 7. 3020 if drwan
UT 60 plus 10. 1000? if drawn
WY 100 for PP or 2100 up front
Not fimiliar enough with WA, CA or OR

Oh... and Alaska which of course, requires a guide for NR.
85 plus 15. 425 if drawn

Sheep game? I was expecting to see some photos of Moosie with some dolled up ewe.

I'm sticking with MT, that's it. Time and money and my lack of real interest. I'd be about as thrilled to hunt deer or elk within a few hours of my house. But when I do draw sheep in MT, I'm pretty sure I'll be liking it. Although he doesn't know it, MTMiller will be my guide and camp bitch - how could it get any better than that?

Although he doesn't know it, MTMiller will be my guide and camp bitch - how could it get any better than that?

It will be better if he is my bitch... and yes I apply for that same unit and HE WILL be my bitch. You should apply for that other unit so you can use your spotter to watch Joe dirt be my bitch from across the river :D

I'm sorta playing it. I've been applying for 5 states (those with bonus or pref points) for a couple of years. IIRC in many states you're odds are better buying the state or FNAWS raffle tickets.

Sheep HUnting

AZ
CA
CO
MT
NV
NM
OR
UT
WA
WY

There may be more states but I can't afford all of these so why look.

Bryan,

I would not waste my money in CA it is not worth the license money to apply and the odds of drawing is worse then POWERBALL!!:D :D Oregon is another state that has very stuff odds of drawing if you would like to talk let me know.:D :D The AZ license went up to $151.25. I am in for everyone that has a desert since this will finish my SLAM!!!! I also putting in for all the other states as well except the ones mentioned above.

Thanks,

3/4 Slam Ram

one more....

Don't forget ND. There are one or two tags for nonres there in the Missouri River breaks on the MT border. Big rams, good hunt. Put in for all the state FNAWS tags and other tags. There are a TON of them out there. There is one in Texas that gives out like 12 (or something like that, and not ALL high fence) sheep tags to one person.

B&T- Thanks for the tip in ND. I was unaware they gave out NR tags, but I guess I should've listened to BOY better.

No sheep to be had here. Hell there ain't hardly a furry critter or game bird to be found anywhere in this state.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back