The new sportsmans channel

echo7

The New Sportsmans Channel is magnificent. Great lineup of shows, much better quality and production. I have viewed about two weeks now and have seen the huge improvement being done by SC. The addition of OYOA and Fin getting his earned rewards and recognition was a huge move and the new shows prove it.
A couple of new shows are overboard on advertisements, but most are real, down to earth hunting and outdoor entertainment without the glitter and glamour of so-called sports heros and country music stars. Great Job Sportsmans Channel got it on my favorites button at NO #1.

Thanks, Echo. Glad you like it. I agree that the programming quality is great and the network is doing a wonderful job of promoting us and some of the others.

We have had a couple mix ups this first week that have been kind of a stumble out of the gate for us. Seems the network was sent the New Mexico antelope tape, rather than the New Mexico elk tape, so our premier episode did not air as we had planned. The New Mexico elk episode is my favorite of the year, and it should have been our premier episode. It will air, but not until week five.

Then, another tape issue caused a delay for next week, whereby the Monday morning airing will be the New Mexico antelope episode again, but we are back on track for the Nevada archery mule deer the rest of the week.

Needless to say, it is frustrating to put all this work into things, knowing we have a great season, on a network that is promoting us heavily and giving us a lot of freedom, only to have such minute details slow us down.

Any more tape problems, and Fin is probably going to pop a cork.

Looking forward to some more great episode.

The mule deer episode next week is a great hunt. Had some help from Hunt Talkers who pitched in at camp and did some glassing. And, a great buck cooperated in a way not normally experienced in the TV world.

I suspect interest in NV archery mule deer will be helped by that episode.

Thanks again.

I wondered why the liquor truck showed up at your place. I know your not supposed to drink and so when the truck shows up I know somethings going on. ;)

So this is what you and mom do when I'm not home? Throw crazy parties with tons of booze?

Back on topic though: SC is definitely trying to step up their game this year. I think they have done a pretty good job so far too.

I only get SC and OC and SC has a lot more shows that I watch. I am not sure I have any of the OC shows DVR'ed and I have a bunch on SC.

I don't watch many hunting shows,but sportsman channel has some of the better ones

Definitely some great shows. I do agree that advertising can go overboard. I watched one show for the first time and I think it ws called "The Blitz". I am not kidding when I say 20 minutes was advertisment and 10 minutes of actual hunting. Won't sit through that show anymore.

good luck to all
the dog

I got to watch the Nevada Mule Deer episode this morning. I thought that the videography, audio and editing were superior. Many hunting shows have audio problems that make it very difficult to understand the speech. Often, the background music drowns out the speech. Other times, the hunter whispers too the camera and I can;t make out what he is saying. Why not just overdub the audio instead of whispering? I was able to understand all of the speech quite well. Randy does most, if not all, of the narration and it comes off well. I liked the background music. It was not too dramatic and fit in well. Outdoor shows often have loud, dramatic music that detracts from the video, rather than complementing it. OYOA does not. I know that hunting show videographers don't often get to choose the light, resulting in contrasty video and lots of hard shadows. The video here was very good and it wasn't hard to see what was going on. The editing was good. I congratulate your crew and production company for such good work. As a host, you didn't do so bad, either. I look forward to the rest of the season.

I got to watch the Nevada Mule Deer episode this morning. I thought that the videography, audio and editing were superior. Many hunting shows have audio problems that make it very difficult to understand the speech. Often, the background music drowns out the speech. Other times, the hunter whispers too the camera and I can;t make out what he is saying. Why not just overdub the audio instead of whispering? I was able to understand all of the speech quite well. Randy does most, if not all, of the narration and it comes off well. I liked the background music. It was not too dramatic and fit in well. Outdoor shows often have loud, dramatic music that detracts from the video, rather than complementing it. OYOA does not. I know that hunting show videographers don't often get to choose the light, resulting in contrasty video and lots of hard shadows. The video here was very good and it wasn't hard to see what was going on. The editing was good. I congratulate your crew and production company for such good work. As a host, you didn't do so bad, either. I look forward to the rest of the season.

The videographers are very meticulous about light, how loud you need to talk and all the other details that go along with it. You are still hunting so sometimes you must whisper or blow the set up. The more I watch OYOA and watch others the production quality is really unmatched. I guess I have to give kudos to Troy and Loren the camera dudes. Well Loren more than Troy ;) If they don't get the good stuff for the editors then the show is just run of the mill. Congrats

Back