Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

The new guy

mfrosty6

im newer to archery hunting, just wondering what everyones bow setup is for this upcoming season?

Welcome to the forum!
Back in the late 70's I got my first compound bow for hunting, a Martin Archery Cougar from the factory in Walla Walla, WA. I've also had Mathews and Bowtech compounds. Due to shoulder and back issues I've become a rifle-only guy. So, I'm a has been, but archery is a great way to hunt.

Hey thanks for the hospitality!

with all this new technology coming out is like take your pick. quite a bit of options when it comes to bows. I honestly love the intimacy of archery. my rifle hunting days have always been a struggle because I feel like the season is super flooded with hunting pressure. I like the idea of getting out there and drawing the animal in, weather you end up successful or not. I want to learn everything I possibly can, and hoping to start actually filling tags this season.

I think having experience with both rifle and archery only advances your experience and adds to you hunter IQ. thats pretty cool

ive heard 65lbs is the sweet spot for archery. pretty standard draw weight to pull back without strain. my bow is currently 65lbs also
I had a 70 lb - saw a lot of dead bulls with 50 lb short draw bows and decided it wasnt necessary. Decided id rather be able to pull it more times, draw slower, and hold longer. Might even have went 60 if i did it again.

I had a 70 lb - saw a lot of dead bulls with 50 lb short draw bows and decided it wasnt necessary. Decided id rather be able to pull it more times, draw slower, and hold longer. Might even have went 60 if i did it again.
im feeling pretty confident with 65lbs, just need that repetition, muscle memory

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back